1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Some of the dirtiest cars on the road...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Randy G., Nov 22, 2006.

1. Randy G.

Randy G. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    ...are the Prius.

I saw one this week that was so dirty (we're having great car wash weather here in So Cal) that I had to stare at it to figure out what color it was.

Do some Prius owners really care less about their cars?

RG

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Howdy Fullerton. I usta live on Highland Ave.

If Prius drivers are using that fillup/carwash service, it might explain missing a wash.

3. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Maybe folks are just too busy, or don't have a good place to wash it, or something like that...

Last year, we were facing extreme drought conditions, so my Prius didn't get washed from about October '05 until May or June of '06. On the bright side, since it didn't rain much, the car didn't look as bad as you might expect.

4. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Heard the BBC a week ago about a guy trying to live on 20 liters of water a day. That might be challening to do in the industrial world even if a guys shaves bald and does a sponge bath!

5. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Perhaps Prius owners realize the amount of water WASTED on car washes...keeping a clean water supply is another environmental issue.

6. Stairman

Stairman New Member

You can too tell what color it is (Silver.) The only parts of the car that need to be clean are the windows. And I do the maintenance obsessively. I am not that worried about how the car looks.

7. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Naa... It's just that there are so many BLACK Priuses and they alway LOOK dirty! (ducking and running)

8. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Rather than admit I had a problem, I just reclassified mine.

It's now Silver Pine Grunga. The color change was free, it just took the last 28,000 miles to get.

Before I wash it, there will be one more transition in color.

Once it's Tollway Salt Dinge White, I'll start running it through the wash every week or two.

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Randy G. @ Nov 22 2006, 01:47 AM) [snapback]352941[/snapback]</div>
    I washed mine last Thursday. By last weekend, it looked the same as before the wash on Thursday <_<

10. rfred

rfred New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Randy G. @ Nov 22 2006, 03:47 AM) [snapback]352941[/snapback]</div>
    Well, we're having great car wash weather here in the middle of the country so I spent most of the day washing the car and then put two more coats of Zaino on it. Going out to the Flint Hills tomorrow for Turkey Day and I'll be driving on some dirt/gravel roads out there. Guess I'll be washing it on Friday, too...

Actually, I don't see many dirty Prii in the Kansas City area, but I bet that changes when winter arrives.

11. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbarnhart @ Nov 22 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]353071[/snapback]</div>
    how you going to explain those concentric rings on your chest?? :lol:

12. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Nov 22 2006, 12:38 PM) [snapback]353076[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :p :D :D