1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Some perspective

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Allannde, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Because of the recent turmoil and my upset over it, I decided I needed to understand PriusChat better. The results surprised me just like owning the new car. This is to share what I learned by going to the Main Page of PriusChat and doing a little counting.

Of 11, 945 registered members 69 (with over 500 postings each) account for almost half of the postings. These 69 include "Mystery Squid" (the recognized villian), "Danny" (the King or Wizzard), "galaxee" (the Princess), and "efusco" (the Sheriff). In fact, without them PriusChat would be quite different, if it would exist at all.

The rest of us average no more than 5 posts although many of us have more than that.

I cringe when people say things that they know will do nothing except "draw blood" from someone who sees the world with different eyes. The only thing we share, after all is the love of one wonderful new car. But Danny has run this site sucessfully now for several years. Give credit where credit is due.

With a little more information, maybe you can now have a little more perspective on PriusChat.

Allan de

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    why thank you for the compliment... but i lack the refinement to be called a princess. unless of course you include the word... well... you can figure it out, afterward. :lol:

it's very true that a very small number of us are making the majority of the posts- what we get here is often questions from new owners and such that often have the tendency to fly off-topic nanoseconds after the question has been fully answered :lol: and the off-topic forum does add some spice to the community when there are no major problems to puzzle over or questions to answer... or when answering the same questions gets a little old. (i admit i don't have enough patience in that respect)

the long-termers tend to be more familiar with each other so we banter much more than some of the newer folks who aren't fully familiar with the general populace here or the overall community feel.

i'm sorry the turmoil here upset you. lots of personality conflict, mischief, provocation, and ideological conflict were going on there. in over a year of lurking/posting, i have never seen it get to that extent. glad you decided to stick around and handle your questions your own way, and share your observations with the rest of us. thank you.

as far as i'm concerned, danny is the one who deserves 100% of the credit for the success of PC- it was his idea, his community, and the way he set it up is what allowed it to become the fantastic group it's gotten to be. the rest of us, well, we're just here for the ride. :)

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You're an Amazon Princess, galaxee. ;)

I wasn't involved in the 'turmoil' as I tend to gravitate away from the really heated discussions here (political, religious, etc) and I didn't even know what had happened until Danny's post about FHOP being put in timeout. I also have a few of the known rebel-rousers around here on my 'ignore' button so I miss out on those arguments too.

I come here to mainly learn things about my car, help fellow new Prius owners, and play around in FHOP in mindless but very fun threads like Free Word Association. :)

4. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    galaxee, when I was young, a long time ago, they taught us "Handsome is as handsome does". "Refinement" is not inherited, it is earned. You are refined. All posters who follow your example will be better for doing so.

Rancid13, I suspect that your practice on PC is as good as it gets.

What upset me was the mixing of hard feelings with search for truth about Prius. It is an unnecessarily toxic mixture.

As members of the "69" I thank you both for your comments.