1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Some Qs before I order my Pri

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ChuX, Mar 9, 2005.

1. ChuX

ChuX New Member

How long is the expected wait time for package #3(BI) or #4(AM)?

I ask because I plan to purchase a Pri in the 2nd half of 05 and I don't want to pay extra for the BC package which are readily available but contains features which I don't really need. I was thinking of going on the wait list and waiting a few months and pick it up around August or September so I can still qualify for the $2k tax break.

2. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    At my dealer the wait is about 90 days. But for some reason we have one on the lot right now that is not spoken for. Maybe production is getting caught up. I have also seen on this site threads about some dealers having some on their lot,so not all dealers have to order any. Maybe check some surrounding towns?

3. KCPrius

KCPrius Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChuX\";p=\"71022)</div>
    My brother just picked up his package 4 Prius yesterday (that's 3 for my family). He had ordered a package 3 and the dealer NEVER got package 3's. I suggested he change to a package 4 (for the VSC) and the car got there much quicker. I waited about 3 months for my package 4, and just under 3 months for my wife's package 6.

4. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i waited 30 days for my package 4

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Just this week my local Toyota dealer, where I bought, said the wait is now approximately 30 days - down from a high of seven months around New Years. We both laughed that the wait time will probably increase here shortly due to the rising price of gas.

I suggest the #4 AM model due to the HIDs and VSC. Safety first!

6. ChuX

ChuX New Member

Yea, I want to have VSC as well. Ever since I spun out in the family Toyota Echo I drive, I want to have as much safety as possible. I must say I'm surprised at the short wait time.

Thanks everyone. I guess I don't have to order so early.

7. xevious

xevious New Member

I'd answer but I don't know what a "Pri" is.

8. kidtwist

kidtwist New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChuX\";p=\"71124)</div>
    You guys are lucky. I would love to be able to get the VSC. But here in Southern California we can only get packages #1, 3, or 6. And of those VSC only comes in package #6, which is way too expensive for me.

:cussing:

Anyway to answer the original question, the wait time varies widely from dealer to dealer. I'm on three waiting lists for a #3. On one list I'm supposed to wait 8 months to a year, on another the wait is 1 to 3 months. And on the third the dealer is supposed to get 9 more Priuses available for sale in another week. All this right here in the same county. Weird.

9. Epp

Epp New Member

Here, in Northern Virginia, there doesn't seem to be much of a wait. I could have bought off the lot from 3 different dealers. I decided to buy from a dealer who did not have the color I wanted, so he traded with another dealer for my color. It took less than a day!

10. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Package #4 (AM) are sold here in Northern California.

Get on the phone and call my dealer, Maita Toyota here in Sacramento. I was in for an oil change earlier this week. They said the wait times are down to about a month. They sell at MSRP (or maybe less now that the wait is diminishing. ? ? ? ), they don't add dealer add-ons, or play other games.

Then when your car is ready, hop on one of those cheap 14 daily direct Southwest flights from Sandy Eggo to Sac’a tomato. If the dealer doesn’t pick you up at the airport, I’ll gladly shuttle you in my 05 Salsa AM.

You’ll love the drive back to San Diego . . . I did it in October to visit a niece at SDSU and got 50.5 MPG.

11. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I believe that is the designation for (our cars) when they are on the assembly line.

"Before us." :wink: