1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Some questions regarding actuator/accumulator failure

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by UpperPriusSide, Jan 24, 2023.

1. UpperPriusSide

UpperPriusSide Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello all,

I've read through [the many] previous posts on this subject but was hoping for some clarity.

My 2010 Prius III (152k) has started flashing the ABS, Brake, and TSC lights while also indicating C1391 code. I realize I am out of luck for the warranty enhancement and am unsure of the value in repairing this. I need more information to make that decision but I do not trust the Toyota dealer that originally sold me the car.

Based on the diagnostic info above, and that the booster runs for 2-3 sec every 30 sec or so,

-does it make sense to replace both the accumulator and actuator?
    -are these the Toyota part #s, respectively? 4705047150 and 4707047060
    -I have read the TSB that recommends replacing both the accumulator and actuator. Does Toyota recommend replacing both because it is difficult to isolate the fault to a single part? Or maybe the MTBF for
    both parts is similar?

Thank you for your help.

2. dougster01

dougster01 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey UpperPriusSide, I just had Greenville Toyota replace the ABS Actuator Assembly on my 2006 Hybrid Highlander (180k miles). The vehicle was also displaying code C1391, as well as C1256 which indicated a leak in the ABS Accumulator. Gv Toyota replaced the ABS Actuator Assembly for a little over $1900 with tax. I saw on a few Highlander forums that some folks used some components of the ABS actuator assembly off of a Prius since it was more affordable. The part number for the Highlander Actuator Assembly was 44050-48191. I found it interesting that some of the components were interchangeable. It was wonderful to see the ABS, Brake, and TSC lights quit flashing or lighting up. Lots of info on the assembly, etc., on the Highlander forums.

CR94 likes this.