1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Some ramblings from a brand new chat member

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bossfan, Jul 27, 2006.

1. bossfan

bossfan New Member

Hi-

I've been a lurker here since I found this site quite by accident when I began my search to purchase a new prius several months ago. It has provided me with a wealth of information, which I was able to use before, during, and after my purchase. I am happy to say that I am now the proud owner of a 2006 magnetic gray #3 prius. :)

Now, the ramblings:

1- Today marks one month since I purchased the car.

2- Odometer just passed 1,000 miles.

3- Approximately two weeks after calling and e-mailing almost all toyota dealers with 100 mile radius, I received a call saying that a dealership had the exact car I had been seeking. I left work mid-day on a break, drove 65 miles, with a friend already at the dealership talking to the salesperson, and the car was SOLD from under us because I couldn't get there fast enough. grrrrr!

4- After initially saying they couldn't help me speed up the processing of my registration so that I could apply for HOV stickers with license # in hand, the dealer was able to assist me. I sent a cashier's check via certified mail only to have the return receipt card come back to me with no postmark and no signature. I then sent another app. w/personal check because the supply of HOV stickers is rapidly declining. Hopefully, one of the two apps. will result in the stickers coming in the mail.

5-had the invisible bra put on the car and tint put on the windows. am very pleased with the results. i even encountered another Prius Chat member while so doing, with whom I had a nice conversation. (small world) :)

6-some "nice" person decided to throw the remains of what appeared to be their ice cream shake on my the rear panel and tire. ughhh!

guess that's it for now. just wanted to get the initial post out of the way and say "hi" and "thanks" for all of the good info. on a variety of subjects such as modifications, gas mileage, HOV sticker updates, etc.

I am glad to be a member of the "prius club" and of this community.

Keep posting!!!

2. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bossfan @ Jul 27 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]293368[/snapback]</div>
    Wow we both have a 1 month old Magnetic Gray package #3! Mine has 992 miles on it as of lunch today... :)

3. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1,000 , miles in a month?! WOW! I can't imagine driving that little!

Sorry to hear about the ice cream- I had someone dump it all over my windscreen- did it damage your paint (yet)?

Congrats, and great choice!

4. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, bossfan! And congrats to you and sl7vk on your twin cars. Sounds like the greys are going like hotcakes.

We're here if you need us. :rolleyes: B)

5. Lil Mo

Lil Mo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bossfan @ Jul 27 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]293368[/snapback]</div>
    Bummer man. What flavor?

6. jasonmeehan

jasonmeehan New Member

Congrats! I also purchased a Magnetic Grey Prius about a month ago... does that make triplets? Though I just passed 3,000 miles on it yesterday... you've only put 1,000 on? Now I'm starting to feel guilty about driving mine so much - then again that is what I bought it for... :lol:

7. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bossfan @ Jul 27 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]293368[/snapback]</div>

Well, I'll add my 2 cents...I am proud owner of magnetic gray #4 all of 3 days...Got a whopping 53 miles on it!!!! MFD says I am getting 43.8 mpg which isn't bad considering been doing nothing but traffic lights galore and ac running all the time with the heat index up there...But hey...I've used a little over a gallon and a 1/4.. Not too shabby......HAHA!!! I now look at hummers soooo differently...

8. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Congratulations to all of you on your new Prii !!! :D I got mine just over two weeks ago, and having this car really does change your driving attitude. Actually, mine has gone to just about the polar opposite of road rage. Now, I take my time, slow starts, long breaking in anticipation of stop lights, etc...... and dang, I thing its GREAT!!!

Welcome to all !! I'm glad this site is here for all of us to share and uitilize.

9. stevedegraw

stevedegraw Member

What is the deal with all the greys ?

I wonder what the break down of colors is, most popular to least ? Anyone know ?

Congratualtions to all, have fun !

10. tkdorsey

tkdorsey New Member

congrats....I got my new 06 2 weeks ago and I'm at 1000 miles...i ended up with black because it was the color I could get....I am very happy with it.....I really like the magnetic gray though....very sharp color.

11. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasidetraveler @ Jul 27 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]293384[/snapback]</div>
    We've got 1500 in five months. What do we win? :)

Most of our miles are done in the electric car. The gas car is saved for those special occasions when we want to fit in. ;)

Congrats on the new car bossfan!

12. tyrael

tyrael Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I love the magnetic gray color and black, but I couldn't live with a car that I had to clean every other day. If I lived somewhere else besides Florida where I could actually wash my car outside in nice weather and not have it rain every other day, then I might have opted getting a different color. Once you get a silver car, its hard to go back. Congrats!

13. Taath

Taath New Member

Yay for another Magnetic Grey. Got mine 10 days ago!!! Only 100 miles on it, but i've been on vacation for 6 of those 10 days. Love it to death tho!!! :rolleyes:

14. BobZ

BobZ New Member

Hey Boss wanna hear a co-inkie dink...? I bought mine exactly a month ago today. Mine just passed the 1000 miles mark. I called all the dealers in a 100 mile radius to get mine too! Sure we're nor related?! I got a Silver Pine Mica with a 5 pkg. :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. meezercat

meezercat New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jul 27 2006, 08:20 PM) [snapback]293551[/snapback]</div>
    I keep seeing you post about the electric..can I see a photo?

16. harper42

harper42 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meezercat @ Jul 27 2006, 07:11 PM) [snapback]293582[/snapback]</div>
    Magnetic Gray....Don't you love it!? I love mine. I've had it only 5 days.... 380 miles on it..... I can't believe the difference in my driving habits. I've been known as a fast driver. Not now. Gotta take it easy and g-l-i-d-e and get that mpg average up there. And I'm LOVING it!!

17. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meezercat @ Jul 27 2006, 07:11 PM) [snapback]293582[/snapback]</div>
    If you follow the EV link in my sig, you'll see more electric car pictures than you ever thought possible.

Best,

18. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasidetraveler @ Jul 27 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]293384[/snapback]</div>
    3.5 months and 2600 miles here... and 400 of that was in one day for a random day trip. Gotta love a 7 mile commute ;)

19. 06COMMUTER

06COMMUTER Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi All -

We got our magnetic gray on May 11, 2006, and just passed 6000 miles on the odometer. Guess we're averaging about 3000 miles/mo. It's been fun to drive, especially in the carpool lane, zooming by all the other commuters! :lol:

I know what you all mean by changing your driving habits. My other car is a very fast V8 muscle car but when I drive my Prius, I drive like a little old lady, squeeeeezing every mile from each drop of precious gas!

Bossman, congrats on your purchase! You won't regret it!

Go grays!

20. bossfan

bossfan New Member

thank you to all who responded, welcomed me, and congratulated me. :)

to follow up...

my 1,000 mile reference was probably a little misleading, because i actually was not driving the car for about 2 of those weeks.

I did actually get my HOV stickers yesterday. YEAH!!!

With regard to the flavor of ice cream "left" on the car, I couldn't say, but i'm quite sure the original owner enjoyed it significantly more than I did.

I must say, there hasn't been any color of the prius that I haven't liked, but, for me, gray was definitely the way to go. Those of you who have the gray probably undrstand.

Couldn't we start our own "magnetic gray prius owners club" of some sort, similar to the "cool chicks in black priii" one? may be time for another thread on that subject. who wants to start it?