1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Somebody tried to steal my Prius !!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Richard P, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Richard P

Richard P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I just talked with my salesman and he told me that I am a very lucky guy. A dealer in Ontario has been able to hijack my Black Prius IV (ATP, Solar panel, etc.) in order to sell it to a customer that recently ordered the same Prii than me. My salesman has been able to get back MY car by arguing and proving that I ordered mine in March.

The sad effect of that ? My car will be delivered in Ontario and I might have to wait one week longer than expected !!!!

He confirmed me that no one in Canada will be able to take possession of their car before June 18. In fact, the Prii will not be delivered to the dealers before that date. He also told me that there are some 2010 Prius hidden somewhere in Quebec City, waiting to be delivered !

First time I hearded about car being delivered in Quebec City !

I now have my serial number, it is coming !!!!

:mad: DON'T TOUCH MY CAR ! :mad:

2. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    In the Canadian Models, are you able to order a Prius IV with both ATP and Solar Roof? I assumed that the ATP was only available on the V. (or that canada had different models?)

3. mirak

mirak New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    So basically, you've got to wait another week, and your dealer told you it wasn't his fault. Not only that, but he's fightin' for you! I just hope your car doesn't get hijacked by Somali pirates on its way down from Canada.

Please pardon the sarcasm, but you should take anything a car dealer tells you with a healthy heap of skepticism.

4. Richard P

Richard P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Yes we can !

I don't know why but it is possible. My Prius IV has the ATP, the navigation system, the solar panel. I cannot have the 17" wheel though.

5. Richard P

Richard P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I cannot understand why my dealer would lie to me about that ! Are you assuming that he is preparing me for a delay ?

May be you're right but I take it with philosophy. I will get my car in about three weeks.

6. Busaholic

Busaholic New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Either a delay or a way to jack up the price. I would also be skeptical...

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Richard, you mean the Technology Package. We don't have models here in Canada. It's only in the US.

eglmainz, yes we're able to order the moonroof with the tech pack BUT we lose LKA and we don't have LED/17/fogs on any car except the Touring (which is basically the equivalent of your Prius III with LED/17/fogs)

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh and one more thing.

June 18... if no one's gonna take possession before that, that means the pricing won't be out til June 18.

9. Richard P

Richard P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    You're right, I have, what is being called in french the "groupe technologique", which includes the following :

Audio System JBL
    Bluetooth
    Satellite Radio XM
    CD player (6 discs)
    Garage door remote control
    Remote AC
    Heated seats
    Dynamic Cruise Control
    Parking assist system
    Navi system
    Back-up camera
    Pre-collision system

And I added to the "Groupe Technologique" the solar panel which comes with the moonroof

Sorry if I mislead anyone !

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah.. so they gave it the same name lol.

I don't know how detailed the french site is but you can also add water-repellent front glass to that list as well as illuminated front door sills.

11. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone else open this thread expecting to see a broken window on a 2010?

12. scienceexpert

scienceexpert New Member

Model:
    II
    Me too! Where is the burglar with the mask!

I guess we just get the Canadian verion of the Joker, and we are the Riddler, and Batman is driving the high-low from the factory with the new Prius.

Maybe that's a little Canadian humor that we American's are a little lame on its finer points.

Of course I have seen a dealer do a last minute switch when they realized they could do an add-on mark up and possibly not lose an old sale too.

Profits, profits, profits. That's the name of the game.

Two sales and more profits all with a little delay.:cool:

13. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The only reason I'd be sceptical about the whole thing is that if the "hijacking" has been diverted, and it's NOT a problem why is the dealer telling you about the happening at all?

You are not a "lucky guy" for getting the car you ordered. You'd only be an "unlucky guy" if somehow they let your car get away.

If indeed your dealer pulled your car away from being diverted to a market area or buyer that could purchase sooner, then good for your dealer but your dealer doing their job for you, doesn't make you lucky and telling you about it just adds more stress for you. Tell em, you don't care about getting lucky behind the scenes, you just want your car as promised.

14. carz89

carz89 I study nuclear science...

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree. Car Dealers are sales people. All sales people are more interested in their bottom line than in happy customers. They and their companies all advertise that customer satisfaction is the number one priority, but it's a ruse to ensure customers return to buy more goods and services. The better they lie, the more money in their pocket. Personally, I'm not good at lying -- that's why I could never be in sales.

There's a good chance that your dealer probably learned of some circumstance causing your vehicle to be delayed a week, and came up with a fake cover story with the ulterior motive of making him look better. Probably a story they've recycled many times.

15. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Huh? Quebec IS in Canada, though there are a lot of Quebecois that would like it to be a separate country.

I still don't get why, other than Canada's Federally mandated DRLs (we could use those here too!), the Canadian Prius buyers don't get to choose from the same set of models as the U.S. buyers.

16. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Bumper standards and market interests. It has taken FOREVER for navigation to be offered as a factory option in a Toyota vehicle in Canada. One of the first was the Prius in 2005 (04 had no nav option) and it was $3-$4k! Factory ordered, not dealer-installed.