1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Something to love about it

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by don_chuwish, May 9, 2009.

1. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    After many years as a one car family (we've always had a mini-van) we got a 2007 Prius last week. So far so good but today I discovered something to love about it that I hadn't anticipated. It is so quick and easy to WASH!!
    I should have known, back in the '80s I had a Honda CRX that was the same way. It was always clean because it was so dang easy to keep it that way.
    Hopefully this weekend I can get around the whole car with the clay bar, polish it with the Porter-Cable dual action and get it covered in Klasse. I did the Odyssey over a week ago and it looks amazing but I'm sure the much smaller Prius will be more fun!

- D

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah, I wash once a week and polish/wax once a month on average with Zaino. When I got my Prius my dad got the redesigned Santa Fe. I told him don't worry, I'll wash yours along with mine... That didn't last long, it is such a pain in the nice person to wash. Now he's getting a 2010 like me, and since he is getting black and I hate seeing a dirty black car I think I'll be having double duty ahead of me!

3. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You sound like a very good son. Wish one of my sons would wash my car! Not likely.:D

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Lol, Thanks but I cannot lie... When we both bought houses we bought ones next door to one another so it makes it a bit more convienent. And hey, my parents watch our very soon to be 3 year old while we're at work so it's the least I can do considering nothaving to deal with a baby sitter.

Maybe if you got a Vette and told him he could drive it he'd be more incliced to come over and wash it Fred Lol

5. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just spent all day detailing my Mom's 2002 Odyssey. 147,000 miles on the car and it shows, never had more than the rare trip through the automated car wash. I'm about half done at this point!

6. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The clear coat is amazingly weather and dirt resistant. After five years of Mr. Clean Autodry mine still looks new (save for the road dings).

7. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My son wont wash his own car!!

8. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I thought a rain shower would do?