1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sometimes the idiots get caught.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by swi66, Dec 9, 2009.

1. swi66

swi66 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The other night I was driving back home around 9:30 PM
    Going down a 4 lane highway onto another one, right hand lane.
    Going the speed limit, I see a Sheriff's car on the right side of the road with his lights off.

At an approaching intersection the light turned yellow so I stopped.
    Car to my left, and behind me, I could hear gun it and blew through the red light..............

Busted!

I don't know how many times I see that happen and wonder, "Where are the cops when you need them".

Well, for once he was right there and nailed the guy, instantly.

I'm sure that was what he was there for.........

Just had to share............:rockon::rockon::rockon:

1 person likes this.
  2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    lol.

I would have preferred: asshat behind me started honking, swerved around and cut me off, and proceeded to run the light. THEN the happy ending with him getting nailed

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    You want to talk about an idiot getting caught... Back many years ago, my sister was coming home from high school... Some idiot in her class (a jerk she really didn't like) was not only tailgating her, but was periodically slowing down and speeding up to get right on her butt (probably to scare her), swerving in the lane, etc...

Well, she was going through a school zone at the time (local elementary school). The guy got nailed - speeding in a school zone, reckless driving, and one other offense (i can't remember what it was). 3 offenses at once = mandatory court appearance. From what she said, he wasn't driving to school any more after that :)

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Reminds me of when I was in high school. Cop had some guy pulled over. My idiot classmate, going the other way, thought there was no way the cop could get him "'cause I wuz goin' da other way, y'see." Idiot honked at cop, flipping bird, speeding by. Cop told the guy he pulled over, then quickly showed idiot he COULD get him.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    One of my wife's coworkers bailed her husband out of jail. He was driving on a probationary license when he - get this - passed a cop to run through a stop sign.

The coworker was complaining about how much is cost because she had to post his bail.
    My wife and I agree: "no she didn't."

6. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    As narcassissm goes up, emotional intelligence (EQ), IQ goes down.

7. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've thought of using a dedicated Car-Cam with an SD card, everyday.

Whenever some @sshole does something, I would "catch" him on camera, and give the SD card to the Police. They are plenty cheap, and I could always burn it on a DVD disk.

Well, I asked a police officer about it. After the initial laugh, he said sure, as long as I don't mind showing up to court for *every* person indicted in this way.

Seems I have to be there in court, saying it's my stuff, I recorded it, and I'm complaining about it.

So other than a hit & run, there's no way I would go to court for all those burned through stop signs and red lights.

Citizen journalism and and citizen justice don't mix well.

Plus here in Quebec, there does not exist a public server that you can query a Lic Plate # and obtain name & address, it has to be a police officer with probable cause. Plus the police officer has special paperwork to fill, for each Lic Plate lookup.

8. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That is true elsewhere too. When it was possible for members of the public to freely obtain this information -- before the days of home computers -- it was too often used for harassment and criminal purposes.

9. deltron3030

deltron3030 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    hmm, Well you break the a law and get caught, then oh well justice served. Though, I think it sucks that he got a ticket. I got a ticket for speeding recently....I was going 65.....but with a trailer. I drove out to Barstow at 4 am just to ask for a bail reduction, overall a terrible experience. But likely there's an RV or trailers-only forum where someone was gloating over the justice served. Odds are he/she was in a hurry for something important...while no one can be sur of anyone els's motives in these matters, I'm also not quick to attribute personality traits to people based on what they drove nor whether or not they've gotten a ticket for something. Seems a little presumptuous to me.

10. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am not about to cast stones when it comes to speeding as I do that quite nicely.

I do not weave, or blow stop signs or red lights because that is really dangerous and risks the lives of other.

There have been so many times that you see some jerk that blew by you or cut you off and later gets pulled over. It is sooooo tempting to tap the horn and wave/salute but best to keep the gloating close to the chest!