1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Song when turning Prius on and off- can it be turned off?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by jessetoedtman, Apr 30, 2017.

1. jessetoedtman

jessetoedtman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Regarding the song that comes on when powering on the vehicle and off, can it be turned off? I know the reverse beeping noise can be turned off, hoping this can be turned off too.

2. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    yup, it can.start pushing buttons, because I don't exactly remember how, but it very quiet in my prime:D

bisco and dalcon95 like this.
  3. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes, but those with higher ranking will have to tell you how. I kind of like it.

4. dalcon95

dalcon95 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Press your menu button to the right of your screen. You will see a settings button on the screen under your phone button on the screen. Press that settings button. You will then see a general button. Press it. At the bottom you will see a setting that says "Beginning/Ending Sound". Press to the right of it where it says "on". It should trigger to off.

#1 in Easley,SC

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    is it the theme from 'super terrific happy hour'?

6. dalcon95

dalcon95 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The reverse beep can be changed to one beep. You have to have the capable scan to change the settings or take it to a Toyota service department and they can change it to one beep.

#1 in Easley,SC

Prius from Dad likes this.
  7. Prius from Dad

Prius from Dad Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Getting my 5k service tomorrow. I'm gonna ask them to do that.

dalcon95 likes this.
  8. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I thought the process to turn off the reverse and shotgun seat belt beepers was really lame in the Gen II. There is a screen for lots of things, why not a setting to turn these on and off? Trust me, I KNOW I'm in reverse and REALLY don't need it beeping to tell me so. In fact I think it is MORE dangerous since things could be happening outside the car that I can't hear because of that constant annoying beeping.

The Prime (and I assume other Gen IVs) are even more lame. Have the screen and even more functions but now it requires a dealer to turn it to 1 beep instead of having a method for the owner to do.

Can ANYONE with a scan tool turn them off, like my local mechanic? He can register the TPMS sensors in my daughter's 2010 when we swap summer and winter tires. He is only 1 mile from home and probably wouldn't even charge me since we have him do normal maintenance things on 4 different Prii.

Note: I am ASSUMING there is still a shotgun seat belt beeper that won't shut up if the belt is not clipped in, I haven't put anything heavy on the seat yet.

9. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Carista app has a function to change the reverse beeps from constant beeping to just one beep

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

bruceha_2000 likes this.
  10. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In addition to Carista, if you have a bluetooth OBDII dongle like OBDLink LX, you can use free android app called Prius Tweak. The app is no longer available in Google play store, but can still be downloaded from various site and side loaded. It can change reverse beep and seat belt warnings. See my comment here: Charge for Customization? | PriusChat

edit: Oh, I just remembered that you don't have a smartphone. Neither of options will work without a phone app.

Screenshot_20190308-150318.png

#10 Salamander_King, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  11. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm thinking maybe I'll get a cheap TracFone smart since I have already paid for 13 months of service and can get a data plan cheap. When I run down the TF days of service maybe get a FreedomPop since free is good!