1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sony Ericcson T610 Prius Compatible Cell Phone

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by efusco, Oct 25, 2004.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    With a bunch of accessories.

I can't sell/send the phone until after Nov. 5th, but thought I'd post it for sale to anyone interested.

This phone is 100% compatible with the Prius BT phone system. Mine is in very good shape as I've kept it in a leather belt clip that's protected it from scrapes and bumps. Screen and body are like new, no significant wear on the buttons.

I'll send 2 car chargers (both work, one has a little broken clip piece and doesn't sick in the phone as well, the other like new OEM). One wall charger. I have the computer USB adapter cable and CDs (This thing) to allow you to connect it to a computer. I think you're also supposed to be able to use the phone as a modem with that, but I've never done so so can't confirm. That alone sells online for over $33. There's a set of unused ear buds too.

I'll also send the leather belt clip, a plastic swivel belt clip that the phone pops into and out of. I'm positive I have an unused OEM leather belt holster too, but can't find it at the moment so won't swear that I can send it. Also, I have the original box. I have the english manual somewhere, but it too will have to be hunted down and I won't promise to include it until I find it.

This is a T-mobile phone (labeled as such), I don't know if some of you smart people know how to make it compatible with ATT &/or Cingular, that may be possible, but I don't know.

Looks like these are selling (without all the accessories) for around $75 on Ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5726576103&rd=1 ), I'd gladly get rid of it for $50 + around $5 for shipping.This thing

I think the accessories alone are worth the $50, but I don't need the phone. I'd rather sell it to someone on PriusChat than on Ebay, but if there are no takers here I'll go there after my contract expires on the 5th.

Let me be honest about this phone and T-mobile. Please check the coverage area where you live and will use the phone. I found it to be terrible...at best. Also, the antenna is internal and seem very weak even dropping calls in the city here. I find the toggle button hard to use and the interface non-intuitive. Online reviews rate the phone high, whether I have a poor sample or T-mobile is just a bad service to use in my area or whatever I don't know, but I couldn't wait to be rid of this thing and the contract.

Ok, contact me by PM or e-mail if interested and we'll work out the details.

2. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Found the Leather Holster. Out of the box, but never used in new condition (the silica gel pack is still inside of it!) Still looking for the manual.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Evan,

T-Mobile will unlock the phone, if you request them to do so. Then it can be activated on any GSM network, including AT&T and Cingular, by inserting the appropriate SIM card.

I am still waiting for Sprint to release a decent Bluetooth phone (hopefully in November). Our plan is simply too good to walk away from.

4. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, I'll get that done as part of the deal....

No takers???

5. chanterelle

chanterelle Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hi Evan
    I have the AT&T prepaid plan, and know nothing about cell phones. I haven't even been able to figure out what a SIM card is, where it goes in the phone, or how it controls which carrier.... sad to say, I have tried to research it, but they just don't make any sense to me!!

If you or someone else can help me get it to go with my plan, I would love to get a phone that works with my car!!

6. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd be happy to help as much as I can. If I can get the phone unlocked there's no reason it shouldn't work with AT&T. The SIM card is easy...something even I know about. If you take out the battery you'll see a white rectangular card with a corner chopped off...that's your SIM card.

Tell ya what...if you're interested, send me an e-mail and I'll take the phone and have it unlocked on the 5th (or thereabouts)...I'll send it to you and see if you can get it to work. If you do, send me $55, if not, ship it back at your expense.