1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sony Ericsson S710a Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by homebuilt, Jul 4, 2005.

1. homebuilt

homebuilt New Member

I had a Motorola V600 that worked fine with the bluetooth network connection to the car. There were other things I really didn't like about it, so I bought the Sony Ericsson S710a, which I like a lot. The problem is that I can't transfer phonebook entries. I like the fact that this phone allows you to transfer the entire phonebook at once, but I'm having trouble transferring at all.

Most bluetooth functions work fine.

When I initiate the transfer, both the car and the phone indicate that the transfer is happening. But those messages do not go away. I've let it stay that way for up to 20 minutes with no change.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Chuck

2. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just did this transfer last night. I usually update my Phone Book on the Prius about once a month. My first couple of times trying to transfer (same phone, S710a) I had the same problem. So now I click Overwrite, and send all on the phone, then it usually works for me.

3. homebuilt

homebuilt New Member

Great, I'll try that. Doing it that way, did you have to reset all your 1-touch numbers, and do you have to do that every month?

Thanks

4. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah, that is the downside, you need to reset all the 1-tough numbers. :( But the phone book transfers, and saves more time just doing it this way than trying to get it to work any other way. ;)