1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SonyEricsson T68i

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by aile, Apr 15, 2004.

1. aile

aile New Member

Ok this is my attempt at a guide for setting up bluetooth for a SonyEricsson T68i. I found that the standard instructions did not work for my phone and had to take a few extra steps in order for the connection to be established.
    First, follow the setup instructions for the prius. This includes turning the car on, navigating the multi-display to the telephone options, i think this was under settings but i can't remember now, you'll need to scoll down and select add phone. at this point the screen should tell you to have your phone bluetooth discover/search. also the screen shows the 4 digit pin number.
    Now we move over to the phone. again still following the basic instructions nagivate to the bluetooth on the phone, select discover. the phone should now search for bluetooth devices. it should find the prius with any trouble. at this point i'm a little unclear as to exactly what you'll see but follow the instructions on the phone selecting the device found and inputing the pin number. after this you should get a message on your saying connection established, but nothing has changed on the prius screen.
    Ok here is where we break from the standard instructions. you have go back into the bluetooth options on your phone and select 'linked devices'. then select the device for the prius, the name should have shown up the previous section that i can't quite remember, in anycase once you have selected the prius' device then select 'connect' this should make the final connections necessary between the prius and your phone. you should now get the confirmation srceen on the prius showing that the connection to the prius was sucessful.
    i hope this helps

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's a great help to users of that phone.

Would you mind posting that in the Knowledge Base as an article as well?

Thanks,

Danny

3. aile

aile New Member

Danny,
    I tried posting this in the knowledge base but it won't let me. It says only moderators can post there. could you move this over there for me. thanks

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  5. aile

aile New Member

Sorry. I tried the Knowledge base article discussion