1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Soon 2b two-prius family

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by davemo, Jul 2, 2012.

1. davemo

davemo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just registered, but we've had a '06 Prius since (well, of course) '06. We now have a 3 year-old and a 4.5 month-old. I inherited a '05 Dodge Grand Caravan after my dad died that we barely used until the second child came along. Now it has been pressed into service because the two car seats are just a bit much for the Prius. Also, we moved further from my wife's work (she could walk before), so we are now facing being a truly 2-car family rather than one car with the van for the rare very rare occassion (we had put only 6,000 miles on it in 4 years).

On Wednesday (assuming it is ready after a dealer trade arriving tomorrow) we should take delivery of a Barcelona Red Prius V (model 2) to replace the van, and we'll be a 2 prius/prii family. No more $65 tanks of gas three times a month will be welcome. Having something to haul the kids around in that drives like a car will be nice too. And, despite the few miles we put on the van, it seemed to always have something going wrong with it (the kinds of things that have been truly rare in my 25 + years of owning Toyotas).

Reading Priuschat helped get a sense of whether the V was a viable option for us, and I'm now scouring the forums to figure out how to add DRLs, and the things that have changed since my GenII. I figured it was about time to join, so here I am.

Cheers,
    Dave