1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sound C-stem

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Image Group, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Image Group

Image Group Bounding Overwatch to Grandmothers house we go!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    New sound system in the Prius today. Pioneer AVH-X2500BT with Polk Audio speakers including a 10" sub with a 1400 watt Polk amplifier. WOW!!

2. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    were you able to hook up the stock bluetooth mic and steering wheel controls?

got pics of your sub/amp setup?

thinking about modding the system in my c now.

3. Image Group

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I ordered the connection for the steering wheel control. Everything else is up and running. I'll get some pics up tomorrow for sure. The amp is a 5 channel and it fit under the passenger seat like a glove. Very impressed!!

4. 2k12PriusC3

2k12PriusC3 50 MPG... HOORAYYY!!!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I was curious about adding a sound system to the C. Since I'm new to hybrids. I was worried about the battery etc... Where are the running the power to the amp from?

5. Image Group

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    So some peeps that work at Polk Audio called me in to the main offices in Vista to check out this amazing job their guy did on a Prius and wanted to hear the system in my Prius C. They were all blown away at the job their guy did and the intense quality of sound that comes from it. I have had a lot of high end systems over the years and have also spent 2 to 3 times what I spent on this systems. My cousin who works for Viper and Polk Audio got my equipment at his cost for a total of $1100 including a Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS and it absolutely the most amazing sound system I have ever heard. Not only is it capable of playing EXTREMELY loud but it's not just loud it's clear and sounds spectacular. I was at a traffic light today and police officer pulled up next to me and started asking what I was running. He nodded and told me it sounded pretty impressive from where he was and said he can't imagine how nice it sounds inside. I invited him to listen but he had a call. He promised if he seen me around he'd pull me over and take me up on it. I cannot be anymore happier than I am right now. I wil try and get some pics up as soon as I can.

6. Image Group

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Here is a pic of My C with the wheels and tires and a couple shots of the system. The amp is mounted under the passenger seat and fits like a glove. We are waiting for a cable management cover that will better hide the wires and make it cleaner looking. The sub is a 10" Polk set up in the rear.

Attached Files:

7. Image Group

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Next up, I'm dropping it just to get rid of the wheel space and stiffen up the springs. After that I'm not sure what else I can do to it.