1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sound in Floorboard when Braking

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by matt406, Oct 13, 2010.

1. matt406

matt406 New Member

I have a 2010 Prius with about 20,000 miles. We recently went on a long road trip and my wife hit something in the road. Since then I have noticed a sound when braking anytime I am going 0-10 MPH. It almost sounds like closing a lid on a box or something. It's not very loud, but I can feel it and hear it underneath my feet when I brake.

Any ideas what it might be? Perhaps something got dislodged when we hit the road debris?

I'm heading to the dealership tomorrow for an oil change and plan on asking about the sound, but thought I would ask you guys so that I don't get swindled.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That is probably the best plan. You will probably get swindled,,, that is what they do best. :)

With that said, when I back up and apply the brakes, I get a similar sound/feel. I have been assuming that that is the pads moving around in the calipers (front to rear). I think these pads move around more than another vehicle I have owned before. Just a thought.