1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sound problem after Treo 650 update

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jrfaris, Jun 22, 2005.

1. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Has anyone had renewed voice quality problems with the Prius bluetooth using a Sprint Treo 650? I recently updated to ROM ver 1.12 and now have a voice quality problem when using the Prius car kit. I had pretty good quality before the update and the update solved several other car kit problems but the voice quality is very bad now. I know this was a problem with the 650 intially, but the car kit patch and/or ver 1.08 update seemed to correct it for most people. If you've done the 1.12 update, please let me know if you have or haven't experienced any voice quality problems. Thanks

(also posted in PriusOnline)

2. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi - I haven't had any voice quality problems -- I did the 1.12 update a few days ago and it seems fine. I'll post back if I do notice anything.

3. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for the information. I may try re-installing the update just to see if the sound quality improves. I was able to use the bluetooth sound volume settings on the Prius diagnostic screen to reduce the amount of distortion that occurs. It sounds like some sort of saturation problem and reducing the outgoing volume seems to help.