1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Source for Prius Interior Accessories in San Diego (Imported from Japan)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Spryfly, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Spryfly

Spryfly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi all! I happened to be in a store in Kearny Mesa, San Diego, CA (USA) called "Tokyo Central & Main" (you can yelp and google info on location, hours, etc.,)
    AND
    They had almost all the plastic type Japanese produced accessories for the Prius!! They had two cup holder versions (one is the divided tray that goes under the shift into that space, and the other is a combo which has two: one cell phone holder and one cup holder, and fits on two air vents,) and they had the little trash cans that go into the doors and so on. Prices were about what you would pay on eBay plus shipping for these items. It was so nice to see them in a shop where I could actually look at them rather than ordering on eBay which I've always done before.

I thought I would pass it on. There is a small isle full of imported Japanese car items, you might want to check them out! (I did not see that trunk insert, but maybe it was somewhere? Or just too large, I couldn't say.) I love my little dividers and trash cans and such, and I wish I'd known I could have bought them locally rather than had them shipped from Japan, ha ha!

(And if you like Hawaiian snacks, Asian foods and snacks, and overall Japanese imports from pens to stuffed animals, this is the store for you! If you want asian beauty supplies, I recommend Marukai Value Living store which is in the same lot. I recommend visiting them as well for home supplies too, since you're parked there anyhow and its a fun store as well with a great $1.50 section in the back - and Daiso Japan 100 yen store IS just down the road... but I digress...)

Just a happy customer, I don't work there, but I wish someone had told me where I could find these for my 2010 Prius! So glad to know I can go there if I need extras.

#1 Spryfly, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    Tideland Prius, bisco and HelloHybrid like this.
  2. HelloHybrid

HelloHybrid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I got my CarMate blind spot mirrors from this place. They didn't have any of the other Prius accessories at the time, so it's good to know they've expanded their selection. (y)

3. saulbassfan

saulbassfan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I believe Tokyo Central is owned by Marukai and they've been re-branding some of their stores.

They probably get their Carmate stuff from the distributor in Torrance, Ca. which is why prices aren't bad. Sometimes they go on clearance!

4. InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I tried looking at their website, but I couldn't see/find anything Prius related. Am I looking in the wrong place or do I need to be there in person?