1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

South Carolina come on and raise up!

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Che, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Che

Che New Member

What to do with our new found forum for SC prii owners and prospective owners?!

Useful Information (maybe) for SC prii people:

West Ashley Toyota sucks:
    they gouge heavily, up to 10 grand over MSRP
    their service department is less than stellar as well. I have a 2000 Tundra V6 reg cab in addition to our prius, have taken it there for service before and been treated very poorly. I was told an obvious leak in my transmission cooler return line was "undercoat overspray" by both the tech and the service manager.
    I went in for a burnt out light in my temperature selector switch and was told they required a full A/C diagnostic ($120) before any service could be performed. They assume we are all completely ignorant I suppose.
    BTW don't go there expecting them to honor the 30 minute or less oil change no appointment necessary sign they have up! They will tell you to either make an appointment or it will take at least an hour.

Gene Reed Toyota is not much better:
    They also do not honor their Toyota Express Lube signs, it took them an hour and half before they even got to my truck last time I took it there, their service team is equally rude and condescending.
    Sales is just as bad. They will not be straight with you about invoice, trade in values or otherwise.

Recomended Dealer:
    Griffin Toyota in Hamlet, NC for sales. Very honest and straight forward.
    Cannot comment on their service.

If anyone knows some decent Toyota dealers for service please post them!

Still trying to figure out a good time date to meet up.

p.s. tire pressures of 42f/40r seem to have helped tremendously over the 30f 30r that was in them when we picked the car up. up 10MPG average so far.

2. Che

Che New Member

sorry for the ridiculous Petey Pablo reference, I couldn't help it!

3. Che

Che New Member

Hopefully I'm not talking to myself on this thread/club!
    Anyway, I would like to do some sort of Prius extravaganza, OK maybe extravaganza is a little strong, just meet some of the other prius owners down here. We (my wife and I) seem to be very much alone in our Prius in Charleston. The majority of my co-workers think of the car as the Autoweek journalist and the Hummer dealer do; something for the dirt worshipping, tree hugging eco-dorks! Our parking lot is 99% big truck or SUV and one actual Hummer.
    I posted a bit about this in another thread: how is August 6th evening about 5ish at Nirlep Cafe in Charleston, SC? Very tentative and flexible, that is a Friday BTW. I have off that day so it is convenient for me of course.

4. Madcat647

Madcat647 New Member

More prius coming

Heh if you work where I think you do, then there are at least 2 prius. Yours and the ETC who works in MTS-626 ROD. He bought the West Ashley base model that they tried to get me to buy for 32k. I don't know what he paid for it. My prius has just been delayed again, from May to July to Aug now, I have ordered through Danville Toyota in VA.

Madcat647
    MTS-635

5. shawn7

shawn7 New Member

We (my wife actually) are picking up our 'o5 Tideland Pearl #5 this week. I live in Beaufort.. which is about 1.5 hrs south of Charleston.

~Shawn