1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

South East Houston Prii show thy selves!

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by BearZ, Dec 29, 2010.

1. BearZ

BearZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I see all these prii driving around me in the Clear Lake, Webster, NASA, Friendswood area... anyone from these places or close by on the forums?

2. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Haha Zubair, get the Houston area PriusChat club going =P

3. BearZ

BearZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    yea, if anyone ever replies... sheesh

4. White Gold Prius

White Gold Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all, on the West Side. Looking for a Prius mechanics in Houston. Can you guys recommend anyone/anything other than Toyota dealers?

I need to replace a shifter (have the part), spark plugs and transaxle fluid. :welcome:

5. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I used to take my Hondas to HCS Automotive, an independent service facility, not affiliated with any dealership or manufacturer.:

Houston Auto Service Shop HCS Automotive Knows That Consumers Have a Choice in Selecting a Service Provider

"HSC Automotive's first location at 3602 Dunvale, serves the Galleria and southwest Houston neighborhoods including Katy, Missouri City, Stafford, Sugar Land, Richmond, Rosenberg, Sharpstown, Bellaire, and Meyerland. A second location at 18623 Kuykendahl in Spring, was opened in 1995 for residents of northwest Houston and its surrounding communities."

They used to specialize in Hondas but now also work on Toyotas and other makes. Last time I checked (2 or 3 years ago), they didn't have anyone with hybrid certifications, but that shouldn't matter for what you want, and may have changed by now. Very honest and accommodating, has a small, family owned kind of atmosphere, and fair prices (but still pays to comparison shop), will answer any questions, etc.

I think I've also driven by a shop near the corner of Sage and Richmond that had a sign up claiming hybid certified mechanics.

Finally, I've almost always taken my Toyotas (2004 Prius, 2007 HyCam, 2010 Prius) to Fred Haas Toyota World, up in Spring. They are out of my way, but I've always had fair pricing and very good service there, and they have very nice customer waiting areas. Other people here have also posted good experiences at both their locations.

6. White Gold Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you. By the way, I work not far from that Sage/Richmond place, called Toyotec. I drove by a few times. They looked really busy. But when I went online to check them out I saw really bad reviews and complaints about the place.

I need to do the following service urgently on my Prius and I'm quoted almost $1,000 at my Don McGill in Katy:
    - replace the sticking shifter
    - change transaxle fluid

7. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Couldn't hurt to call both HSC and Fred Haas for quotes.

8. ZitterZap

ZitterZap Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I live in Clear Lake and just purchased a 2005 Prius.
    Would surely like to meet other Prius owners around me for tips.

There is a big learning curve to this machine...:eek:

9. White Gold Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For sure, it seems like mine is smarter than me. :)

I had mine for a 1.5 years and it taught me a lot about smart cars:

- saving tons of gas (it took me a while to learn smooth acceleration and braking even when I race others and always stay in the passing lane at the top speed)
    - teaching me to stay near, at or even above 50 mpg on all original equipment
    - smart entry and locks
    - storing the hot coolant
    - telling me when I forget the keys in the mail box or forget to lock the doors
    - warning me about the icy roads, approaching oil changes and otherwise
    - telling me when I forget my iPhone at home or at work
    - really smart A/C and heater
    - saving on tires a lot (keep the original, mine still have over 30% since buying the car used ???)

Did I forget something? :)

10. BearZ

BearZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    welcome! I live in Webster. yea, there is a lot to take in with a Hybrid. Which year model is yours? did you get it used?

11. ZitterZap

ZitterZap Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry for checking in so late. Somehow I was unsubscribed from this thread.
    It is a 2005 Package #6 with Leather.
    I have posted some pics here.
    http://priuschat.com/forums/newbie-forum/91414-pics-my-2005-prius.html

I bought it from Washington from a fellow PriusChat member and got it shipped here.

We all should have a meet-up someday.

12. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My sister lives in SE Houston so I visit occasionally. It seems like there would be greater interest in a group meetup in the Houston area than here in San Antonio. Anyone seen Cheap! around lately? He was in the Houston area and was very active, especially while he was doing his CalCars homebrew plug-in conversion and I managed to get a ride in it once, but he seems to have vanished since. I plan on being in the area from May 20-22 for the Pasadena Strawberry Festival if anyone wants to try to get a group together.

13. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys!

I picked up a '04 Prius a few months ago and it started getting a CEL on and off occasionally lately (CEL P0420) which could be a problem with the O2 sensors.

I don't have the funds for a scangauge at the moment, but was wondering if anybody is willing to check my O2 voltages (upstream/downstream). A 6-pack will be provided.

Thanks!
    Anthony