1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Southeast Region options (margin?)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by CarlK, Mar 4, 2004.

1. CarlK

CarlK New Member

Far be it from me to accuse any dealer of loading up their cars :) , but the lastest on-line inventory list 15 cars with identical packages and an MSRP of $29,138. That is $8,574. worth of options. They have created some options I haven't seen before. Here's the list of options:

Package #9 $5,245
    Ash Tray 79
    Carpet Mats 169
    Accent Stripe 78
    Window Tint 259
    Rear bumper protector 158
    Self-dimming mirror
    with homelink * 299
    Splashguards 89
    17" EFPC wheel
    with Pirelli Tires 1499
    sub-total $7875

They no longer list the "Toyoguard" option in any of the cars, but they do manage to get the dollars added in to get up to the total.
    This is the first time I've seen the wheel option and I don't know anything more that what it says there. Probably someone out there can enlighten us on what EFPC is.

I believe these are all "port installed options" since they all have a code listed with them and appear for various dealers. If nothing else, they get points for creativity. :wink:

* I know the mirror option comes with package #9 but there must be a problem with the Toyota computer program, because it allows dealers to add this option. I wonder how many customers pay the extra money without realizing it?? :roll:

Carl

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I sure hope that Toyota finds out about dealerships charging 2x for something included in a package - that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

3. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Doesn't sound like it's a dealer by dealer issue there.

Remember, this is Southeast Toyota, so I suspect Mr. Moran has just decided to load them up at the port and pass them to the dealers equipped that way. If that's the case, there's nothing the dealers can do.

4. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm a SouthEast customer (Toyota Center), and when I showed my dealer a printout of a #9 car with an extra mirror and CD changer, he said it was a mistake.

My car was only at the dealer's place one full day before I came to get it, so I bet it would be difficult to get a look at the sticker on one of these supposedly over-equipped cars to figure out what the mistake was...

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Back when I was looking at new cars and decided on the Matrix (didn't end up getting it - long story), I was doing a custom order from the factory and asked about tinting. I was dealing with the Sales Manager at Toyota of Greenville and he told me that they do tinting once they receive the car because they send it to the local stereo shop (Roger's Stereo).

I don't think it's really possible for tinting to be a PIO since regulations differ from state to state. And $259 is BS for tinting.