1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Southeastern Region Ordering all 8 packages

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BertinNC, Nov 15, 2005.

1. BertinNC

BertinNC New Member

I got a Package #4 from Southeast Toyota region!!

I got a call from my dealer in NC and he told me he could order any package I wanted. I wanted Package #4 and NOT willing to settle for paying extra for things I didn't want in Package #6. He said that the Southeastern Toyota region distributor told him yesterday (Nov. 15) that he could order all 8 packages (maybe it was his dealership that could order it, but either way he ordered it for me). Central Atlantic Toyota Region was only getting #2, 6, 7, and 8 so I called NC (highest state near CAT).

I got to order my Prius in Classic Silver, Package #4, with Rear Bumper Protector and Splash Guards and NOTHING else. It was at MSRP but got him to throw in the bumper protector and splash guards for free. But won't have to worry about allocations with extra accessories that I didn't want.

Quoted:

$21725 Base Vehicle Price
    $1825 Option Package #4
    $635 Delivery & Handling
    ---------------------------------
    $24185 Total Vehicle Price

He will call me once he has a delivery time but said it should be the first week or two in January as I wanted.

If anyone interested in contacting my dealer send me a message on here or at [email protected]

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Maybe if I tried to configure a #6 with leather today, it'd work?

No plans, just dreams...

3. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

The vehicle base price is actually $21775 but the total is essentially correct.
    ($5 more than I calculate. Probably a very small dealer document fee.)

Good job!

4. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

So is North Carolina the northermost state in the Southeast region? I'm in Maryland, and I could see myself taking a ride down south to pick one up, if it means saving myself $2000 at the end of the day (relative to package #6). I know the New England area will get package #4 as well, I guess it would just matter which would be closer for me (probably NC).

Peace,
    Cosmo

5. BertinNC

BertinNC New Member

Actually,the base MSRP is $21725. I messed up and put the total price there first. Thanks for pointing it out though. I changed the original post.

6. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Thanks. :)
    I have the base price wrong in my calculator. :eek:
    Gonna have to correct it and repost. :(

$21,725 - Base Price
    $_1,825 - Option Pkg. 4
    $___580 - Delivery
    -------
    $24,130 - Total

So it looks like your dealer charges a $55 "handling" (pure profit) fee.

7. BertinNC

BertinNC New Member

The Central Atlantic Toyota region charges $580 for Delivery and Handling and Southeastern Toyota region charges $635 for Delivery and Handling. (Not a dealer fee) But at least all the dealers I have spoke to in the Virginia (CAT region) charges $399 processing fee. My NC dealer (Southeastern region) only charges $279 for processing so it still works out to be $65 dollars in my favor.

8. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

My understanding is that Toyota charges a $580 (nationwide) destination charge.
    It might be that your region is tacking on a handling fee of $55.
    This would be profit for the port (region).

My PA dealer is only charging me the amount the state charges for registration, title, etc. ~$85.
    Anything your dealer charges over his cost is, by definition, profit.
    Lots of dealers try to hide additional profit in documentation, preparation, or handling "fees".
    $55 is not much to quibble over though.
    You can be happy with your deal. :)

9. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Did anyone happen to hear if and when the northeast, most specifically New York City would be getting #8 or even #7?

I ordered mine back in July 05' and my dealer blows. I have to keep calling him and bring him stuff I find off the net. I call yesterday and he says his latest paperwork shows Dec delivery of the 06's but after further questioning and telling him I 'heard' NY may not get #8 and #7 he says yeah it says 0% for #8 and #7 as well.

Well duh I tell him, I'm waiting for a #8 since July when remember you swore on your mother 4-6 weeks? :lol:

I don't care what anyones feelings are about Toyota as a company but I feel they suck. They keep their dealers in the dark and then the dealers (not all but some and unfortunately mine) suck even more. I'd have gone to antoher dealer but one I live on an island where everytime I leave I get hit with tolls up the butt and 2 even if I had ordered somewhere else they'd be getting 0% pkg #8...

So in the end I told him if he doesn't have it by the end of Jan I'm taking my money back and I'll just live with my current car for now. Probably the 07's will be damn near the same and who knows, if they are like the 05's they'll be out in Sept of 06 anyway...

Sorry all, just venting! :angry:

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    congrats! we'll be happy to have another prius driver in nc :)

i see set has pushed up the 'handling charge' but sounds like you got a good deal on the doc fee. we weren't that lucky.

let us know in january when it comes in! :)

11. BertinNC

BertinNC New Member

Thanks!... I hope all goes well. Gotta go out your way to get it. I live near the Outer Banks and gotta go to Roanoke Rapids to get it. Seems the closest dealership with a brain of what is going on.

12. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Which states make up the Southeastern Region?

13. BertinNC

BertinNC New Member

North Carolina
    South Carolina
    Georgia
    Florida
    Mississippi

I think

14. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

thx! :)