1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Southern CA allocation lookin' better for July! (Early July)

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Dianne, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Dianne

Dianne New Member

The Southern CA region (75 dealers) is being allocated 379 Prius for the first half of July. You have no idea how much of a relief this is, and I pray this is the start of an upswing of cars! I pray. We take them 1 allocation at a time. Now, that said, it is only 5 cars per dealer if split evenly... but every dealer gets a different fraction and percentage of allocations. And, whatever there is in the pipeline (still coming, at PORT or afloat) will count against ya as a dealer, but these are things WAY out of our control! Anyway, this is a good sign. :)

Dianne

2. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

nice to hear you sound upbeat, dianne, we were all gonna chip in to get you a vacation or something there for a while...

on the other hand, i finally got mine, and the touch screen stopped working after a week. (sigh)

3. eklabbers

eklabbers New Member

Finally a significant increase in allocation. I'm glad to hear it. It is nowhere near enough to decrease the wait significantly, but it's a start.

Esther

4. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

I had nothing to do with that :mrgreen:

5. jchu

jchu New Member

Care to submit to a voluntary lie detector test??? :wink: :wink:

And just when did you stop beating your (fill in the blank)???

6. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    She probably got mad at you for sticking her behind that dumpster. Now your getting that "DON"T TOUCH ME!" response. :lol:

7. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Too hilarious!

ROFLMAO literally.

And, Manny will be happy now too. :roll:
    We can all keep our toenails!

8. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Dianne,

Forgive me if this is a bit off topic.

I was wondering exactly how Prius "allocations" work.

I've received a call from one of my WV contacts, saying they have a Seaside BC for me that should be available in late July (i.e. It hasn't been built yet.). They say it has a scheduled build date of 7/5 and a delivery date of 7/26. Is this feasible, or am I being mislead. (NOTE: All the Prius horror stories have made me extremely cynical.) I had thought Prii were allocated after they were built, not before. Should I be concerned?

Note I am asking this question as a posting, rather than as a PM, since I'm guessing there's significant interest in the reply, amongst the PriusChat.com crowd.

Thanks in advance for your help
    Glenn

P. S. Thanks too for helping Manny. His story was one of the worst horror stories to date.

9. cnetter

cnetter New Member

"Note I am asking this question as a posting, rather than as a PM, since I'm guessing there's significant interest in the reply, amongst the PriusChat.com crowd."

This is true, I'm curious about this too. I've never ordered a new car before where the allocations were made after the vehicle was built. It's always been a case of putting the order in the manufacturing queue. But that was Chrysler and not Toyota. So any light that can be shed on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks.

10. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Dianne might not be much help here. She is familiar/frustrated with the way things are done in her region. But it appears that the regions and even dealers work differently.

I have noticed postings from people that got word from their dealer when the car was being built, on the ship, at the port, on the truck or just arrived. In my case, I got the call when the car was at the dealer and ready for delivery. So I got the call just after lunch, got the paperwork started and returned after work to get the car.

Also it appears that by the dealers "privacy policy" they were the only Toyota people who knew I ordered one.

P.S. for Dianne. We all suffered with Manny. Many thanks for going beyond the call of duty! :D

11. HerkyHawk

HerkyHawk New Member

Glenn,
    From my own limited experience, I would be concerned. This is exactly what I was told by a dealer and the whole thing turned out to be bogus. I was told they had a salsa allocated, but it had not yet been built - we could pick the package, etc. Never was such a car.

Good luck - I hope in your case, it is true.

12. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think my situation differs from what your dealer told you.

In my case, they state the color, package, and options on the allocation, along with a scheduled build date and ship date. Perhaps this is peculiar to the region. That's what I'm wondering. I have been told by multiple sources that it is the region(s) that determine the allocations to the dealers within the region, from the cars allocated to the region. They also say they should have a VIN next week. My confidence will kick it up a notch or three when that is communicated. :mrgreen:

G.

13. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

Dianne...

How goes the current allocation? Are all your Prii spoken for? I may be in the market again.

14. Dianne

Dianne New Member

15. Dianne

Dianne New Member

When we get our allocation of cars, we know the package, color, and interior... and a tentative BOAT at PORT date too. That's about 3-10 days before the car arrives on ground at the dealership... but that said, we are 6 miles from Long Beach so we know pretty damn fast due to geography!

Di

16. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

The website you linked to above says basically that cars ordered now will arrive after Christmas. Does that still apply?

17. Dianne

Dianne New Member

It depends... do the form and we shall see.
    I have no idea what the allocations will be if/when they are increased, and worse: unless you want a package 3 or 6 or 9 right now, with the vagueness of the possibility of the 9 being cut in half on allocations, well, who the hell knows anything any more! I find that if I say XMas time or later, then it's either realistic or you may have a car sooner. :>

18. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

19. Dianne

Dianne New Member

You and everyone else! :roll:

20. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

I guess I could be content with an 8... off to the form....