1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Southern CA - Dianne - thinkin' we're in good shape ::whew::

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Dianne, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Southern CA ramblings!

Yes, the allocations are up but then again, so are the orders! My list is not anywhere near as bad as it once was.... after purifying and discovering I had about 100 too many ON that list -- and allow me to share that after a lot of investigation and discussion with many, there's a large scope of people who went ahead and bought at over MSRP in many different dealerships (not just mine!) for cars sooner. The ratio of those is amazing. It fuels my theory that the car was and still is underpriced in public perception, and the MSRP is not really a yardstick to gauge a good deal by. The wait time is, really... that's how Prius buyers feel as a whole.

My wait list is not as bad as it COULD be, but as soon as the publicity's out there that the carpool lane's an absolute (and not just a possibility) for those in Prius solo, the orders will hit the roof.

I'm still filling orders for cars from last Sept/October/Nov right now, but it's going fast and many folks waiting since last spring dropped off after getting cars elsewhere (and many paying a lot more for faster delivery, oh well!) ... as for my long-time waiters, a few people still waiting, I have found that rather than being flexible, folks are digging in their heels and saying "since I have waited THIS long, I'll keep waiting till I get a ___ one with ___ package." That's understandable! It makes for a somewhat nutty assigning of cars at times.

FYI:

I have a 5-6 month wait now, at best, considering how many cars we are now getting, so anyone still waiting that's wanting a car, you have a pretty good shot here by adding yourself to my list as well. I mean, why not? It can't hurt!

http://carsontoyota.com/html/requestprius.html

That is my order form, so go for it!

Dianne

2. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

So for those of us who signed up in the middle of July... where do we stand?

3. Dianne

Dianne New Member

hmm

If I knew who ya were... I could tell you. July 2004 I presume... a latecomer to the list. :>
    eMail me, por favor?

[email protected]

Thanks!

4. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

you've got mail!

5. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

slightly off-topic... but aren't the Highlanders due in soon?

6. Dianne

Dianne New Member

High time we saw a few Highlanders

They are delayed till further notice, I expect them to debut in late spring, early summer... we shall see! :>

7. removeum

removeum Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Re: Southern CA - Dianne - thinkin' we're in good shape ::wh

8) When will the Highlander be out and do you know the approx. MSRP yet?

Ben

8. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Re: Southern CA - Dianne - thinkin' we're in good shape ::wh

Dianne, as always, thanks for keeping us informed.