1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Southern California Prius accident

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by suefourmet, May 21, 2007.

1. suefourmet

suefourmet New Member

I picked up my new Prius- Package 6 - just three weeks ago, and yesterday it was rear-ended while parallel parked on the street in Claremont. The Beamer that hit my car veered out of its lane, hit my car in the rear, pushed my car into the Altima parked in front of me, and caused the Altima to hit the car parked in front of it. The guy driving the Beamer said he must have fallen asleep! This was at 10:00 in the morning! Neither he nor his passenger was injured and no one was in the parked cars, but my beautiful little Prius is a mess. If the insurance adjuster doesn't total the car, I am really concerned about getting a good repair job on it. Would you all recommended going to a Toyota body shop as opposed to a generic body shop? Any suggestions for some place in Orange County with a good reputation for body work? I'd like to have some names to compare with the names the insurance company will suggest.

Thanks

suefourmet

2. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I would check and see if Toyota certifies body shops. Sorry I don't know if they do.

3. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(suefourmet @ May 21 2007, 05:12 PM) [snapback]447027[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry to hear about your Prius. It pains me to think that you have had your Prius for only 3 weeks and now it's been in an accident. In terms of a Toyota body shop, I believe Longo Toyota has a body shop. You should check with them.

4. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oh no--sorry to hear about that.

I had a non-Toyota shop do the work on mine and they did an excellent job. Mine required suspension replacement was I was nervous at first, but it's just like new now.

Don't worry--it wasn't your fault. You'll be driving your good-as-new Prius again in a few weeks.

Eric

5. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

I'd be pressing the insurance company for another new car if the repair bill comes even CLOSE to totaling it. Three weeks? Screw depreciation, it's a brand new car!

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KTPhil @ May 22 2007, 04:49 PM) [snapback]447590[/snapback]</div>
    I agree. I wouldn't be concerned with the affiliation of the body shop. Shop for quality. Ask for referrals. Ask how they would prep the car for the paint booth. My understanding is the hybrid components need to be removed so they aren't damaged when the car is baked. I am sorry to hear of your loss and wish you the best of luck in getting your car restored.