1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Southwest Ohio Gathering

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by Schmika, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Schmika

Schmika New Member

:D

Let's all meet at Young's Jersey Dairy, Yellow Springs, Ohio on Saturday, June 18th at 11:30AM. Young's is the S/W Ohio mecca for ice cream. It is about 3 miles north of Yellow Springs on U.S. 68. From I-71, take the U.S. 68 exit and travel north through Xenia and Yellow Springs. From I-70, take U.S. 68 south about 5 miles. From I-75 north of Dayton, take I-70 east until U.S. 68. From I-75 south of Dayton, take U.S. 35 east into Xenia then 68 north. For more details, go to Youngsdairy.com

I will park along the highway between the ice cream shop and the restaurant. Just look for the '05 Prius. If you have any hybrid car, come on as well. I can deal with a hybrid club as well as a Prius club.

You can also e-mail me at [email protected] and put Prius or hybrid in the subject line.

Karl

2. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Count me in - can't wait to get a Bull Shake!!!! 8)

If you haven't been to Youngs - you're in for a treat - well worth the drive from Columbus or Cincinnati.

To fill in your day after the ice cream, try some shopping in downtown Yellow Springs or stop by Glen Helen or the Clifton Gorge for some outdoor enjoyment.

3. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just a reminder to anyone in the Dayton / Columbus / Cincinnati area - feel free to join us at Young's Jersey Dairy near Yellow Springs on Saturday about 11:30 AM.

4. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Thanks to Alan, Dansen, and Leann for joining me at Young's. I had Prius envy for Alan's Salsa Red. We agreed to stay in touch and maybe organize another drive and/or meet.

I hope others will join us. Hey Alan, can you post that photo you took?

5. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here's the picture from the Prius meet at Young's. There was actually one more Prius (Seaside Pearl) onsite but they evidently didn't see us parked by the road. They parked elsewhere and were away from their car when we came out from lunch.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I would like to join this gathering if you have it again. I love going out to Young's Dairy. I live in Monroe, which isn't too far, but I have a 2008 Prius, so who cares!

I'm looking for clubs in the SW Ohio region to join, but I haven't been too successful in my search. I'm most interested in learning hypermiling techniques.

I know my wife and I are going to be at Young's either July 2nd or 3rd to take my visiting nephew there, so if anyone wants to meet up let me know.

7. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    WOW, I just saw this thread. Too bad I missed it, I would like to have come. We are meeting in Cincinnati on the 5th, you all are invited. Here is a run down on the meet-up.

1) Picnic: hamburgers/dogs and all the fixins

2) Battery teardown: Wayne Mitchell (FireEngineer) will tear down a Prius battery

3) Prius driving clinics. Diamond Larry will teach how to drive the Prius to great MPG, See what your Prius is capable of.

4) Fuel Economy Challenge. This is the fun part. Compete against others in the Prius on a challenging 10 miles couse.

Overall should be a fun day.

see this thread http://priuschat.com/forums/local-clubs-events-road-trips/49954-cincinnati-hybrid-group-meet-up-7-5-08-a.html for more details.