1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Spare FOB

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by twocrifasis, Jan 17, 2006.

1. twocrifasis

twocrifasis New Member

Here's one for the collective intellect.

My wife likes to carry her FOB in her purse. She also likes to leave her purse in the car when we travel together.

The problem (as I'm sure you have figured out already) is that I can't lock the car with her FOB inside.

Any recommendations? Is there a way to disable her FOB while it is in the car? (short of taking out the battery, that is)

Thanks

Chris

2. lisamarie

lisamarie New Member

Fayette County, PA (50 miles SE of Pittsburgh)
    On another thread, someone suggested putting the extra fob in an Altoids tin. Maybe you could try that.

3. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    The best way if your wife's FOB is not the main one used. Is remove the battery. She will then have to use the emergency key to get in the car and slip the FOB into the slot on the dash to be able to drive.

4. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Sounds like you're on a collision course with wackiness :lol:

5. tag

tag Senior Member

That does work...........but wipe clean first to remove the peppermint, spearmint, or cinnamon smell. :D

6. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Can a non-SKS fob be programmed to work with a SKS Prius? If so... then your wife could use the traditional "clicker" to get in and out of the car... and use the fob-slot to start the car. At the same time, she would not compromise your ability to lock the vehicle with her purse inside.

Personally, I do not think it is great idea to lock her purse in the car... but that is between you and her. :)

/Jim