1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

spare's pressure

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ammiels, May 11, 2005.

1. ammiels

ammiels New Member

I ran across this gadget that attaches to your spare tire and allows you to check and fill if necessary from above the luggage compartment floor. The only modification I did was to file/grind the flange at the male end to allow it to go thru' the slot in the wheel and then the hose comes up between the center and right floor pieces. See picture. Cost $6. I also got their mini talking pressure gauge for $13 and nail detector (really a stud finder) for$2.. Very prompt shipping ($5). I was well pleased. Google Chek-a-spare.

2. exhuman

exhuman Member

Tell me about that talking gauge. Does it say the pressure like "40.5 pounds"? That sounds fun. Maybe I'm too easily amused.

Ex

3. ammiels

ammiels New Member

Sorry I did not have a chance to test before today. Yesi it measures and talks by half pounds.

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Boy, that sounds *way* easier than what I do now: yank out the tonneau cover, take out the floor cover, pull out the tool tray, unscrew the hold-down thing for the spare "tire," and finally yank out the spare "tire."

I think it's cute how the side of the spare "tire" that faces out is painted that dayglow yellow. "Hey look that guy has a temporary use spare on!"