1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

sparkly glovebox

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by hyo silver, Jul 29, 2005.

1. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When cleaning the interior the other day, I noticed a cool sparkle effect in the dark red plastic material used on the glovebox and doors. (2004 silver with grey interior) It only showed up when wet, and disappeared when dry, even when I tried waxing it. The material was cleaner and smoother, but not shinier. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any kind of 'wet wax' I can use to bring out the sparkle?

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I use Mother's Back to Black on my Tan interior. It brings out the surface's kind of a brown sparkle effect...

I never noticed until I wiped down with water either...

3. bobc

bobc New Member

303 will also bring this out a bit....

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It is a bit sparkly but please be careful. My glovebox button had paint peeling off, so it appears that the glovebox, dash behind the steering wheel and door cappings are painted with that sparkly thingy.

5. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

The sparkly effect is visible with polarized sunglasses when the sun hits the dash.