1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sparky 2.0 - My 2001 Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by phoebie, Sep 18, 2010.

1. phoebie

phoebie New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    My husband, tired paying an exhorbitant $1.35 per gallon for gas, went online in September 2003 looking for an additional vehicle to save gas and miles on our Tahoe. "Any requests?" "Yes, great cupholders and a decent CD player." Our soon to be Sparky had been returned after a 36,000 mile lease. BUT, also considered a return under the lemon law. Within one year (under warranty), the batteries had to be rebuilt due to a sensor from the gas cap had been cut by the previous owner. Just last week, the full battery had to be replaced after a ten year run (car was originally purchased in July 2000) but with only 61,600 miles. Technician suggested I drive the car more than the typical 5 miles short runs. Sparky is in great condition otherwise (only have replaced the tires and a drive belt). I would appreciate any suggestions to keep Sparky 2.0 running efficiently for another 8 to 10 years. Thanks.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :welcome: no brainer! do the required maintenance in the owners manual and add the recommendations you'll find here in threads reguarding maintenance for extended ownership. like shortened tranny oil changes and etc. all the best!:)

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Is the drive belt that which turs the air conditioner compressor and the engine water pump? I have to guess that it is not the valve-train drive chain.

How's that CD player holding up? Sometimes they get a bit skippy. Especially during long left turns. I am not kidding.

Not even new windshield wiper blades? You must park in the shade.