1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Speaker for Vehicle Proximity Notification System in 2023 PP?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by danielarichman, Jun 20, 2023.

1. danielarichman

danielarichman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Can anyone tell me the precise location of the speaker for the Vehicle Proximity Notifcation System in the 2023 Prius Prime? Can you also describe it, or link to a photo or drawing? Failing that, how would I locate it using information available online? Thanks for any guidance.

2. Doug McC

Doug McC Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Perhaps you might get a better response from the Gen 5 section.

3. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If it's the same as Gen 4, you have to remove the plastic cover over the front/radiator area and it will be just on the right of center, in the front of the radiator, about a foot below the top.
    On the Gen 4, you cannot turn it off or even adjust the LOUD volume, especially when backing up. What I did, is remove it and wrap insulated tape all around it, and replace it. Now, you can barely hear it when backing up or driving slow.
    If you remove it, it will throw a Check Engine code which you never want to have...will hide any "real" issue if they come up.
    Let me know if it's in the same place...search around for me on here and I believe I posted some pictures of the little rascal!

Doug McC likes this.