1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Speaker locations on EU model

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pakitt, Oct 27, 2011.

1. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Does anybody know the exact location of the 8 speaker set up of the EU version of the Gen 3?
    So far I have spotted 6 of them (2 in the back doors, 2 in the from doors, and 2 at either extremities of the dashboard).
    Where are the other 2 located?
    Is there a subwoofer and a central speaker?

I did notice there is an amplifier underneath the passenger seat.
    (please note that in EU the 8-speaker set up is not sold as JBL - it might well be it is a JBL, but not sold as so - it simply says 8 speaker option).

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We get tweeters up high on the rear doors on our 8 speaker set up. So it's 2 on the dash, 2 in the front doors and 4 in the rear doors (2 per door, low and high).

3. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have to check again then, I don't remember seeing 2 loudspeakers at the bottom of the rear doors...but then, I never seat at the back...
    If the configuration is so, then I must say that the bass, considering that it is a "stock" set up, is not bad at all, and quite well balanced. Again, considering it is a stock set up...

4. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Pakitt, this shows the USian location of the rear door speakers.
    [​IMG]