1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Speaker Replacement in 2013 Prius 2

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PRE-US Blizzard, May 12, 2013.

1. PRE-US Blizzard

PRE-US Blizzard New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a couple of questions regarding speaker replacement for my front speakers. I have a set of Polk DB Components that I am going to install BUT did not know if I should remove the front squawker and replace it with the tweeter or make a bracket and put the tweeter with the woofer in the traditional location. Please advise of any experience in this area. I have installed many systems before and just planning this one out before attacking it. THANKS!

2. Cheesehead

Cheesehead Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Unless you have some way to time align the tweeter in the dash with the mid in the door you will have some delay in sound from the mids reaching your ears compared to the tweets. But in the Prius it might be minimized due to the extended dash. Measure the distance from dash speakers to driver ears and mids to driver ears and see how much difference there is. If not much difference you probably won't be able to distinguish any problems. Just my $.02!

3. MikeDee

MikeDee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Are there any speakers that are a drop in replacement for the factory speakers? I don't want to do any cutting, etc.

iPad ? HD

4. BillyBuerger

BillyBuerger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I don't believe so. The speakers are a custom 6x9 but slightly larger and without the standard mounting pattern. There are adapters that you can get that are relatively cheap that will make it easy to swap. I know Crutchfield has them.