1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Speakers revisited...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by motty99, Nov 20, 2006.

1. motty99

motty99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I tried a pair of 4 ohm speakers (which shall remain nameless) and was very disappointed by the bass response and loss of power...so, I investigated and found that JBL makes a component set that is 2 ohms (JBL GTO607C)...let me say that I believe these are the way to go...the tweeters clear the shrillness of the old, and I finally have some low end (though there is still that bump in the upper bass) that I can live with...also Dynamatted the doors...

Recommended...

2. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Did you use the crossovers that came with the kit or just the speakers? It looks like a nice set. I presume you replaced the fronts only, or did you replace the backs too?

3. motty99

motty99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbarnhart @ Nov 20 2006, 01:04 PM) [snapback]352153[/snapback]</div>
    Did not use the crossovers...since the front tweeter and woofer are already split at the amp...but I will use them when I do the back doors!...:D