1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Speakers stop working all at once

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ormonddude, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Ormonddude

Ormonddude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    All my speakers stop working at random.intervals but usually over bumps or turning - The sound would cut off but everything seemed to be working disc spinning tuner working ETC. So I replaced the head unit - I was looking for a excuse as the stock none JBL was sort of boring anyway it worked for 2 days then the sound started cutting off again, NOW it's not possible for all the speakers to cut in/out like this with a single bad connection unless its a Amp or Crossover What do all the Speakers plug into other than the Head Unit? This is Driving me crazy and if needed I will simply Run all New Speaker Lines because this shouldn't be possible

2. Kiwibird

Kiwibird Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Take off the door trim, connect external speakers (any speaker) to check if there it output from the wires or not, I did the same turns out my 4x speakers were shot for some reason... Ended up replacing the 4 speakers. It was a pain removing them as they were riveted to the door instead of screws.