1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Speaking of power outlets. How many are there?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by exhuman, Mar 31, 2005.

1. exhuman

exhuman Member

Don't yet have my Prius. In some of the docs it says something like "2 auxiliary power outlets". To me this means 1 regular plus 2 auxiliary = 3 total. Or is it a total of 2?

2. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You have 2. One in the dash (passenger side under the left side of the glove box) and one in the center console between the driver and passenger.

3. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Also, you should know that they are not operative when the car is turned off. Don't expect to charge your cell phone by leaving it in the car while you shop. My wife thinks it actually discharges the phone if she leaves it plugged in but I'm not so sure. Anyway, it is possible to modify the in dash outlet to stay on. Coastal Tech has a kit and instructions that could be used to DIY.

4. exhuman

exhuman Member

Thanks for solving that little mystery for me.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I had my cell phone plugged in and stowed in the center console. I forgot it was in there and when I started my car, I got three beeps. I'd never heard Priapus make noises like that before. I figured I'd search for it when I got home. I stopped and got gas and it happened again when I started up again. It wasn't until I got home that I realized I'd left the phone in the console and remembered that when the phone is plugged in, it immediately gives three beeps. It was beeping when power was restored and charging began again.

Live and learn.