1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Specific things for inspection?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by pumalex, Mar 11, 2013.

1. pumalex

pumalex Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everyone, i just purchased a taxi and i can't stand the fuel milleage i get with the Camry 2005 i have, i need to change for a prius, just the fuel economy is going to pay for the car itself.

I do my own mechanic and i will be inspecting the future car i will be buying, i know the regular things to inspect on a car but are there specific things or problems related to the gen 3 prius? I would buy a 2010 with high milleage probably. Other than regular maintenance, do they have special weakness like all types of cars do? Anything special to look for?

thanks a lot and looking forward to chatting with all of you.

2. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You can do regular mechanical maintenance on the car to prolong it's life. However, there is, at one time or another, the fact that traction battery will expire. There is little you can do in the way of maintenance to prevent wear out. When? It's anybody's guess. There are a lot of these cars in Taxi service out there and very little data on battery life in such cases. My only advice is to buy one at a good price with as few mileage as you can find.