1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Speedo switch to kph

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Astolat, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Astolat

Astolat Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    While driving on a road I've used before today, I noticed my speedo had suddenly switched to showing kph rather than mph. About a mile or so late it had switched back.

I didn't know where the switch to do that was until I looked at the manual just now; it is possible I brushed against it, but unlikely that I did it twice and only twice, in quick succession, today. Anyone else ever had this? Any ideas why it might have happened?

2. Steve terry

Steve terry Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Mine is on the dash on right side. TA push button The state may of switched to metric for that section of road. :)

3. Astolat

Astolat Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, it's a push button in the UK too, so it is just possible I somehow brushed it, but I'm sure I wasn't deliberately reaching for anything down in that cluster. Gave me a shock when the satnav beeped for a speed camera and I saw the HUD was showing 60 in a 40mph zone. It was only after I started to back the traffic up that I realised what had happened...

4. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Don't you have to press and hold it for a second or two?

You been cleaning your car today? :)

5. Astolat

Astolat Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Just in case someone has the same problem and finds this in a search, I worked it out when it happened again. I tend to sit with my right leg splayed out while driving, and I got an itch on my knee. Reached down to scratch, and jogged the kph/mph button...!

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    for me, it's my left leg.:p