1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Speedo view

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cowboyonthemoon, May 10, 2005.

1. cowboyonthemoon

cowboyonthemoon New Member

I am 6'2" and am more than adequately accomodated with the Prius headroom - but I can never see the full view of the digital speedometer. It's generally not a big deal except when a '7' can look like a '1' because I can't see the top 1/4" of the screen.

My understanding is that that display is actually reflected from a mirror in the dash. Is it possible to change the angle of the mirror in order to throw the image on the display at the right eyeline for me? Can this be done? Seems plausible...

2. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm,I don't think so. I have had the dash out of one late model and the way the cluster is made in there,I don't believe you could change it. But I know people can do anything, if they try hard enough :lol: . It would just take a lot of work and re-engineering it. Not for the faint of heart, :wink:

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

You might be able to get some dark shiny plastic and angle it along the dash where the instrument lights are to reflect the combination meter higher.

It is weird that something black would be such a good reflector.

4. KCPrius

KCPrius Member

You must be "long waisted"...I'm 6'4" and I don't have any problem seeing the speedometer...I prefer a pretty upright driving position (and the headroom allows for this).