1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Speedometer/Mirror/Plastic Cover cleaning?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by r.trevor, Jul 19, 2010.

1. r.trevor

r.trevor New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, Just got a 2006 Prius after driving a '93 Jeep Cherokee for about 4 years and am new to all of this Prius stuff
    I saw other threads on cleaning the speedometer, but then i read things about a mirror and whatnot and i just want to know if someone can clarify where all of these different parts are? And maybe you can give me some idea of whether all of the smudges i see are coming from the mirror or plastic or some other surface that i am unaware of
    The smudges are only really noticeable at night when i have my lights on while in the day time i can see them but they really aren't a focal point of the dash
    Many more questions to come, but i guess i'll start with this
    thanks

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Stand outside the car near the driver's door and look through the windshield, down at the dashboard. Look for a rectangular window located at the depressed area of the dashboard. The speedometer, odometer, shift selector and fuel gauge display is projected via that window. Clean the window, and then see if you still have a problem with smudges etc. If so, then clean the mirror that the display is projected upon.