1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Spider in my Prius!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tasker109, May 15, 2008.

1. tasker109

tasker109 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :eek:

No kidding...look at the size of the spider in the hatchback! I should call Ripley's Believe It or Not!! hehe...no actually, its in my diecast Prius. Isnt that funny??

Attached Files:

2. freshmtt

freshmtt Dachshund Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :eek:
    hehe hehe

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    At least the spider has good taste in model cars! :)

4. Barcelona Red Lass

Barcelona Red Lass Sips gas like fine wine!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    eeuuuuwwwww even the thought of a spider anywhere in the vicinity and I'm a wreck!

5. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Sorry about your phobia, but spiders are cool. Did you know they can have as many as eight eyes? Probably where "spidy sense" came from - they can see behind themselves!

On the west coast of Canada we have black and white stripped "jumping spiders" or "wolf spiders" (small ones). When they mature they turn a golden brown. They hunt rather than trap their prey in nets. One took up residence in my RX-7. It was yellow, and attracted a lot of insects. It was a mobile buffet for a spider!

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I agree. I'd rather have the spider in my house than whatever the spider is eating.

7. Barcelona Red Lass

Barcelona Red Lass Sips gas like fine wine!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I won't argue with you about them being "cool" or beneficial...Can't they just be cool and beneficial as far away from me as possible?

:pound:

8. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That's a great pic!!!!!!!! :D

... Brad

9. tasker109

tasker109 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ok...now i have a problem. its not just sleeping.....she spun a web and is hunkered down ready to raise a family. i thought it was cute at first....but i think im going to chase it out...will the aspca come and arrest me if i do??:rolleyes:

10. cheeper

cheeper Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Spiders are good critters! That one could probably eat the mice eating wires and such. You could sell the babies for that purpose! :)

I'm waiting for my Prius. I'll take one and put it in mine...........when it ever gets here. :rolleyes: :(

11. JHSmith

JHSmith 2020 Avalon Hybrid Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

ASPCA = American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Arachnids? :spider:

12. G3priusV

G3priusV Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    While I was driving today, so suddenly a little white spider jumped out on the dash and as I panicked and tried to kill it, it jumped to somewhere else and dissapeared. I got nervious and pulled over to look for it but couldn't find it again. So I started driving again nerviously but it jumped out again and dissappeared and everytime I tried to smack it, I swerved little which made my commute really uncomfortable. Still I haven't been able to find it since I came home. But I'm worried now it's going to drive me nuts tomorrow when I drive my prius due to my exccesive spider phobia I have. And I'm deciding not drive it tomorrow even though the gas price is still high here! :(

13. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Time to trade it in!

14. Stev0

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    About a year or two ago, I was backing up when a tiny spider crawled right over the rear camera. I am no arachnophobe, but that certainly made me jump!

15. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Objects in rear view camera may be larger than they appear... :twitch:

16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    have it fumigated!

17. Stev0

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Bumping thread to say:

(WARNING: VIOLENT STORY FOLLOWS)

Friday I was carrying my girlfriend's plants from her deck to my house (her apartment wasn't big enough for all of them - even then it took me about three or four trips for the plants alone).

The next day, I went to pick her up so she could stay at my place during Irene. I opened my door and...

THE WAS A HUGE SPIDER WEB from ceiling to the top of the driver's seat (the sitting part) and from dashboard to back of driver's seat. And sitting in the middle of said web was a spider whose body alone was about the size of my thumb.

I don't startle easily, but that one definitely made me yelp. I then called her to tell her there was a delay in plans. As I was talking, the spider ran up to the ceiling and WHERE THE HELL DID IT GO?

As I stated a few posts ago, I'm not an arachnophobe, but there was no way I was getting in that car with that thing crawling around...somewhere. Hey, I've seen "Alien".

After thinking about it awhile, I took a long stick and, standing at the passenger door, flicked down the driver's sun visor. Sure enough, the monster was crouching right at the corner. I then took the stick and got the spider to crawl on it. I then threw it out the driver's side door, and the thing quickly spun a web and climbed back into its original position.

After more thinking about it, I got my wizard's staff (of COURSE I have a wizard's staff), went back to the passenger door, and RAM! Sorry, PETA, but I enjoyed hearing it pop. I also went "ewww!", but that's beside the point. I then threw the staff through the driver's side door. I investigated, but saw no body. I saw spider viscera on the ceiling, however, and that was good enough for me.

I then went to pick up my girlfriend and impressed her with my tales of bravery.

1 person likes this.
  18. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When I see a spider, I'm like...

Attached Files: