1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Splash Guards

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Fred Wacksman, May 26, 2008.

1. Fred Wacksman

Fred Wacksman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Before I start installing my slash guards, I wanted to know if someone can give me a heads-up. I bought mine from Prius Chat Shop and they come with decent directions, but I wanted to know if there are any suggestions for taking out the pop in plugs. Also, if there are any additional heads up for the job. I'm planning on just turning my wheels for the front and jacking up the car with a floor jack for the rears.
    I have read the threads on the subject, but looking for more guidance. I do intend to use a fourth screw to hold down the flap tip.
    Thanks,
    Fred:)

2. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    you'll need to remove the rear wheels if memory serves, other than that it was simple

3. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is the best installation instruction I've seen here. It has many photographs and explains most everything. I used these instructions and installed mine in less than an hour. Good luck!! Molded Splashguard Installation

4. problemchild

problemchild New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The parts for the front and back are different. Im talking about the mounting parts that hold the flaps. Make sure you pay attention to which is what.

5. Fred Wacksman

Fred Wacksman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Wow, it doesn't get much better than this !!!
    Thanks a lot,
    Fred

6. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Put some wood under the front of the front tires to act as a wheel block, unless you are on a rearward slant, then put them under the back of the front tires.

I just installed a clearshield in my garage and am just now getting ready to tackle the mud guards.
    I may post some clearshield pics later.

ZC1

7. MagneticGrayIndy

MagneticGrayIndy 06Prius;94M Miata;65Rambler770

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    sooooooo much easier if you remove the rear wheels..