1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Splash Shield Subcomponents?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jimolson, Jan 31, 2023.

Tags:
  1. jimolson

jimolson Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I need to replace the front splash shields on a 2008 Prius without seeing the vehicle beforehand.

Young woman ran her car off the road on an icy day, collapsed the front bumper cover, and ripped up the three under-engine splash shields. I think the splash shields in the wheel wells are undamaged.

I need to acquire replacement parts before undertaking this fix-up job.

Is there an additional plastic part on the bottom edge of the bumper cover to which the front splash shields are anchored, or are these shields anchored to the bumper cover itself?

Has anyone made an inventory of fasteners and part numbers that must be purchased prior to starting a splash shield project?

The last time I tried this job I noted that rust made reuse of existing fasteners impossible. The metal bolts rust and seize to their plastic S-clips.

Thanks.

Jim Olson
    Indianapolis, IN US

Tombukt2 likes this.
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The site Mendel uses amyama I think it is . They'll show the front undercover under the bumper cover every piece of plastic nut and bolt and all of that and as a matter of fact they'll probably able to get that to you reasonably quickly too unlike the Toyota dealer but you can check with them they have online parts fiche.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Part.Toyota site is good too, Toyota USA site. It shows suggested retail prices, plus nearby to you dealerships and their prices. Plus the diagrams. Try both. I like Amayama because they’ll ship to me. Would consider Parts.Toyota for big ticket items, drive down to States and pick it up. Say a short block…

4. jimolson

jimolson Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Thanks for a great recommendation, gentlemen! That link should become a sticky in this forum. The site has clickable explosion diagrams of various Gen 2 parts.

I think the correct spelling of this website is Amayama.com

The part I was trying to identify with my question above was this one:

76851-47010 COVER, FRONT SPOILER

upload_2023-1-31_18-12-11.png

Mendel Leisk likes this.