1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Spoiler Touch-up

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by JimN, Mar 13, 2011.

1. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The edge of my spoiler was scuffed & scraped down to the white. I finally got around to touching it up as it was above freezing & not raining this weekend. I used Toyota 202 Black paint which covered nicely. The edge is still rough but you'd really have to get close to notice.

1 person likes this.
  2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    How did it get damaged? It hit the low ceiling?

3. itssunnyv

itssunnyv New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just scuffed mine too... probably on a low ceiling. Thanks for the paint #. i'll probably get some this weekend.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I don't think it's important to use Toyota code in a case like this, though it doesn't hurt. I mean: black is black... Hmm: that was a good song ;)

Anyway, Dupli-Color NG SF 100 (Universal Black) worked fine for me. To smooth it out, try pumice first, to roughen it, then rottenstone, to polish.

I've got a shallow scratch that runs along the top face, then some more serious chewing at at the trailing edge.

A trailing arm on our garage opener went up-and-over the opened hatch, about a week after purchase. My mistake, but it's frustratingly high for a hatch. :mad:

I've worked on the chewed part, and got it fairly presentable, but left the the shallow scratch along the top face for now: just don't think I could get it to blend in. I might take it to a body shop we've used in past, and see what they propose.

5. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you are going to do anything you should just have it painted to match. I hate how the black spoiler shows water spots and minor scratches. If anything happens to mine, I am just going to have it painted to match the rest of the car.

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I think I would most likely stick with the stock "piano black" look. I did toy with that idea though. I believe it could be done without removal, just very thoroughly masked.