1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Spokane dealer experiences, please,

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by daniel, Oct 25, 2007.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    When I first came to Spokane I asked if people had experiences/preferences with/between the two Toyota dealerships in town. One person replied that he/she (I don't remember who) did not like/trust Appleway Toyota, and recommended Downtown Toyota.

Recently, a long-time Toyota (not Prius) driver told me exactly the opposite: She had had several bad experiences with Downtown Toyota and liked Appleway.

So I'm asking again:

Does anyone here have experience on which to base an educated opinion on the service departments of the two Spokane Toyota dealerships?

Thanks.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 25 2007, 01:44 PM) [snapback]530370[/snapback]</div>
    There may be a simple test. Fill your tires to the maximum side wall pressure and take the car in to have the tires rotated. When the car comes out, measure the pressure; reset the pressure to maximum side wall and have the second shop rotate the tires.

The first shop should return the car with the front tires at maximum side wall pressure and the rear tires 2 psi lower. The second shop should return the car with the same tire pressure and report the tire wear suggests the rear tires are wearing more than the front.

If you still can't tell, have one shop do an oil change and check the dip stick afterwards. If the oil is above "F", mark them off your list. Take the car to the other shop and say, "My mileage has fallen off after getting an oil change. Can you check it?" If the second shop reports the oil level was too high and as a safety precaution, the changed it and filled it correctly, keep them.

There will be some expense associated with tire rotations and oil changes. It is the cost of doing the test.

Bob Wilson

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks for the suggestion.