1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sportcaster (by XM) Installation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hornsbyb, Feb 15, 2008.

1. hornsbyb

hornsbyb New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Has anyone installed an XM "Sportcaster"? Directions seem pretty straight forward except for connection to the FM antenna. I think I need to tie into it if I am reading the pretty skimpy directions correctly. I fell for the sales pitch from XM as I was renewing subscription for another vehicle. Seemed like a good deal to get XM in my wifes 2006 Prius. Thanks for any help.

2. midget

midget New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I plugged mine in in the console betwwen the front seats and ran the antenna wire from there under the rear floor mat, around the left rear passenger seat and out the hatchback between the roof and raisable part.Mini mag antenna sits behind my fm antenna.

3. hornsbyb

hornsbyb New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hey Midget,
    Thanks for the reply. Did I understand you correctly that you did not even have to connect anything to the FM antenna or the FM antenna cable? If all you did was mount the XM on the roof, I may have been over complilating the installation. Thanks a bunch.[​IMG]

4. midget

midget New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nope. Just ran the XM antenna wire itself and stuck the mini magnetic piece on the roof behind the FM antenna stalk! Easy!!:p