1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Spot on windshield in hot weather

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by FishHawk, Aug 24, 2009.

1. FishHawk

FishHawk New Member

I'm, getting what looks like foggy spots on my windshield in humid rainy weather. What causes this? The windshield wiper cleans it up but it is almost like the windshield is not completely defrosted if you know what I mean. FishHawk

2. Bobsprius

Bobsprius BobPrius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Fishawk,

You did not state of it's on the inside or outside but because you said the wiper clears it, I am going to think it's on the outside for my reply. I would assume your using the A/C at the time, Be sure to not have it in Bi-Level or blowing any cool air to the glass, this can be what will cause the event your seeing. If the air inside is cold, and any directed to the glass will typically get condensation and in some cases "frost" on the outside of the glass due to the humidity. Check the A/C controls and make sure it's in the VENT from the dash position. That would be my thought, since you will also notice that any air directed to the side windows (Direct hit) can cause the same event to occur on those windows...

Hope I was of some help??

Bob