1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Spray Paint

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Salsawonder, May 11, 2006.

1. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am sooooo upset! I was bringing my mom home from an appointment. We have this maintenance guy at the condo who drives around in his Explorer rather than walking 20 feet. Today as we were driving in to my space, he was driving in front of me with the back of the vehicle open. Apparently a spray paint can fell out of his truck and went right under my back passenger tire. The explosion was scary enough, but...

At first I thought it was just the tire, then when I got to work I could see it was the wheel trim as well. Then with each additional friend that checked it out we saw more and more paint speckels. Bumper, passenger door, rear panel.......

I would like to beat the crap out of him!! :angry: The guy did not say oops, sorry or even acknowledge us. I am going after Property management as well as reporting it to my insurance.

2. kDB

kDB New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Salsawonder @ May 11 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]253720[/snapback]</div>
    if it fell from his truck it's his fault for not properly securing his load. if he won't pay for it out of pocket, i'd go the insurance route.

try giving it a good clean, most can spray paint is crap and doesn't stick too well. once somone went down my street spraying every car in every driveway with blue paint. after the police let me know at least a few hours afterwards (they think it happened the night prior), it wiped right off with a wet cloth.

3. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm taking it to the dealer and letting them try to detail it. I am not leaving anything to chance. Also put in my insurance claim already just as a safegaurd. The Property Management guy was very cool about it and was going to speak to the maintnenance guy.

I did find out that my insurance agent just bought a honda Hybrid and her husband has a deposit on a 2007 Camry Hy. Just don't understand those postings about the hybrid market slowing down.....

4. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The dealer can actually get the paint off and will detail the car for $200 plus change (external). They did recommend a rental as it is an all day process to remove and re-apply the Teflon Coating. So the HOA will be in for a little over $250.

I don't know if it is the quality of the paint or the coating that has to do with the relatively low repair cost but I am glad that it can be taken care of so easily. Considering the ease of cleaning the interior I am actually pretty happy with having opted for the protection package.

5. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Not too hard to wipe it off. Use a dap of paint thinner, it shouldn't hurt your clear coat.