1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sprint Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by StormShadow, Apr 20, 2007.

1. StormShadow

StormShadow New Member

I have the LG PM325. For a variety of reasons I have had to replace the phone 5 times. My first replacement would not sync with my 2005 Prius. The next 2 would. The replacement I got today syncs with my Jabra headpiece but not with my Prius. Sprint said it was a problem with my car and not the phone.

Does anyone have any advice??

I am trying to hold out until August when I have a credit toward a new Sprint phone. I may not make it.

Which of the current Sprint Bluetooth enabled phones would someone recommend? I am not looking for fancy features. I barely use the camera on my current phone. I do not do any of the music enabled stuff. I dont want a PDA.

I just want a sturdy phone that would work with my Prius (which I LOVE!!!) and with my earpiece.

I tried searching the forums but could not find an current suggested Sprint list nor any reason why I am having sporadic success with the LG pairing with my car.

Thanks!!!

2. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I had the LG PM325 for several years. It's bluetooth connectivity failed several months ago and battery drainage became a problem. I replaced it with the LG LX125 about a month ago.

The LX125 is a basic (low end) clamshell phone; features similar to the PM325 except no camera but with speaker phone capability. I bought it at a sprint store where they transfered my phone book from the PM325 which was a nice convenience. It pared nicely with the Prius and will transfer the phone book one entry at a time.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I also had the LG PM-325. I used it for two years with few problems, but its Bluetooth features were lacking. When my contract was up, I was able to negotiate with the Sprint cancellations department. They really hate to lose subscribers. They gave me two new Sanyo Katana 6600 phones for the grand total of $49 (we have a family plan). It is vastly superior to the PM-325 in Bluetooth performance. To begin with, it will push your contact list to the car's phone book and it automatically transfers calls to and from the car, when you start the car or turn it off (you can easily toggle back by pushing the phone's speaker button). It also shows the signal level and home and roaming status on the MFD. If your car is newer than an 05, it will also show battery level and ring through the car's sound system.

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Apr 20 2007, 09:27 PM) [snapback]427181[/snapback]</div>
    Golden advice. The katana is an awesome phone.

It's hard to say what's going to be available in August, the Katana would be reaching the end of it's life by then and I'm sure it will be replaced and not removed. It's a great phone and a great seller.

Sanyo 8400 would be a good choice if you want to step up a level. Or if you want a sorta-pda phone, the Q is a great choice too.

On the 325, it's not your car, it's the phone. It's had funny issues all it's life. You could see if doing a software update but I really doubt it will help. You could just call customer service and threaten to break your contract now unless they'll give you another phone - and with the history you have with the model, you have a just reason to make that threat. They'll buckle.

And the LG 125..... I fear that phone still.

5. scilady

scilady New Member

I must agree with Vagabond--Katana is a great phone for the 2005 Prius. My problem is that mine seems sick at the moment. I won't be able to get to a Sprint store until Friday. Is anyone using the newer Katana models with a 2005? Do they function as well as the original? Just wondering in case mine is beyond help.

6. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have Sprint and the Sanyo SCP-8400. Works like a charm.
    I have a 2007 basic pkg 6 Prius.
    Hopes This Helps

7. thejoker

thejoker New Member

I need to get a new Sprint Bluetooth phone for my '06 Prius. I don't want a flip phone (clamshell). And I don't want to pay $100+ so the Samsung Upstage II and Blackberry Pearl are out. I also thought the LG Rumor was too large, and I don't need a keyboard (but it is $50).

I've gone to the Let's Talk website and don't see these two cheap, non-flip phones listed there but they are at the Sprint store:
    Sanyo S1, $20
    Samsung M520, slider, $50

Of course the Sprint store rep says these two phones with work with any Bluetooth car. Does anyone have experience with these two phones in particular? Is it worth a 30-day trial of one of these two phones? (Meaning, if one of these 2 phones doesn't work, I can bring it back within 30 days and get my money back.)

8. Prius77094

Prius77094 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have an M520 and it works like a champ with the Prius. I also love the phone, the slide open feature is great. I got the Body Glove protective case for it though (available at the Sprint Store). It attaches to the phone and protects the phone from scratches, drops, etc.