1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sprint phones

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by chezypuffs, Apr 27, 2006.

1. chezypuffs

chezypuffs New Member

I have a Samsung A900 phone from Sprint. It syncs up fine and works well, except for the fact that I constantly receive ghost calls. These are calls that are not coming from my phone but for whatever reason my car is ringing. I cannot answer these calls, only hit disconnect repeatedly tell the ringing stops. This mainly happens in busy areas so I'm assuming I'm picking up signals from other cars/phones. I have gone to Sprint and have received the most rescent upgrades to the software but still have problems. The ghost calls are a hassle because once they start the ringing will start again within 5-10 seconds of disconnecting the previous ringing until I get to a less populated area. It doesn't always happen in the same spot and some days are worse then others. If I disconnect the bluetooth in busy areas the only way to reconnect is by re-starting the car. And turning the ringing down and driving in silence during my 1 1/2 - 2 hour commute is a hassle, I need to hear the traffic reports.
    Does any one else have this phone? Or does anyone else have a Sprint phone that actually works fine?
    I have contacted Toyota and they informed me that since my phone isn't on the list of phones that are 100% compatible, then there is nothing they will do.
    Sorry for the long rant!
    Any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. Ken S

Ken S Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chezypuffs @ Apr 27 2006, 10:48 AM) [snapback]246087[/snapback]</div>
    Sprint works with the Prius with two exceptions.

1. For some strange reason Toyota decided to NOT let you see the speed dial numbers on the NAV screen while moving. You can see the buttons and press them...but the actual number is hidden until you stop.

2. Transferring phone directories over has to be done one number at a time.

3. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ken S @ Apr 27 2006, 08:08 AM) [snapback]246097[/snapback]</div>
    This is actually very dependent on the carrier & phone you have. We have two Sprint Treo 650's that work fine with CarMyne. It's easy to transfer the entire phone book so long as the entries fit the Prius format. There are many old posts about phone compatibility. A quick search found This One for starters. (oops, I see you've posted there as well)

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ken S @ Apr 27 2006, 08:08 AM) [snapback]246097[/snapback]</div>
    I can't see how no.1 is a Sprint issue.