1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

squeaking sound from the rear

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by andrejsvk, Oct 24, 2013.

1. andrejsvk

andrejsvk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everybody, I have a very strange sound comming from the back of the car. It sounds exactly like you have a 6 pack of mineral water in plastic bottles wrapped in foil in the trunk. It makes this sound when I go over some small bumps and not paved roads. However on bigger bumps it is completely quiet.

My problem is that I do not know where the sound is coming from.

Did anyone have similar experience? I would really like to get rid of the sound myself. The car is still in warranty and I guess it also covers this issue but it is probably just something I can get rid off myself.

any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

thank you
    best regards

Andrej

2. Les_PL

Les_PL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I experienced similar symptom. First suspected was the rear suspension, but after further investigation it appeared it was the right-rear door hinges adjustment. For me not big surprise, my car is now 4 years old, but yours sounds new - check with the workshop if they can confirm and deal with it.

3. andrejsvk

andrejsvk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I finaly figured out where the sound is comming from. It is the seat belt for me. once the RH rear seat belt is stretched the sound is gone. once you pull it back to the original position the sound is back there.

Will try to get this repaired/changed under warranty.

thank you
    best regards

Andrej